• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uh oh, you guys are in trouble..I just got me a scanner

17 posts in this topic

Hey my fellow brothers and sisters. I thought it was time to finally get's me a scanner. And stop subjecting y'all to my blurry camera pics. Just grabbing some random books to scan to test, but thought I would also post for grades and thoughts.

Boris....is king.

1229128-Image0009.jpg

1229128-Image0010.jpg

1229128-Image0010.jpg.d8aff91726685fcfce0a9925523daa46.jpg

back cover shows a tear/split on bottom of spine or me thinks thats whats sticking out. 9.0

Bindery tear, very common on magazines during production. AFAIK CGC does not deduct for these if determined as resulting from production and not mishandling.

Good job on the scan.

Have a ball, knock yourself out!

Thanks Mate! I'm pretty damn happy with the scanner. Don't have to do anything at all. Set the scan for 72 DPI, export to JPG, save in folder XYZ and it's set. Scans these large mags at 150 DPI even in 16 seconds. If your curious it's the Canon 9950F. Only had it for one day, but I've been blown away so far. I was looking for something fast, as I have 5,000+ books to scan over the next 5 months or so, so quick scan, but good quality was key. I'll let ya'll know if there are any quirks.

-bounty

back cover shows a tear/split on bottom of spine or me thinks thats whats sticking out. 9.0

Yep as Jayman said, bindery tears are quite common. I've seen CGC 9.6 Magazines in otherwise perfect condition, with the only fault being a bindery tear at the lower corner. Bindery tears are very common on mags, and are considered just part of the game. If you want a 9.8 though, no bindery tears! That's why 9.6/9.8 mags will bring in real money, because most of those suckers had bindery tears!

Looking at Census on the Dracula lives out of 27 submitted copies only 5 above 9.0. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ...

-bounty

Hey my fellow brothers and sisters. I thought it was time to finally get's me a scanner. And stop subjecting y'all to my blurry camera pics. Just grabbing some random books to scan to test, but thought I would also post for grades and thoughts.

Boris....is king.

Beautiful magazine bounty 893applaud-thumb.gif

The Grading Bastiche says......King of Rulers is high....9.4. (Just kidding KOR!!)

I'm "high"? I am listening to "I am the Walrus" from the Beatles... yeahok.gif

If it was "Yellow Submarine" then I would worry. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif