• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Our Army at War #83

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

One of the key Silver Age books, and one I am very proud to own. Notorious in high grade. Just curious what the ballpark grade on this might be. I haven't got a back cover scan, but I may do that tonight. There is a 1/4" dust shadow up one side of the back cover. The pages are off-white to light cream, and supple. The discolour on the lower right front cover is dust shadow, not dirt or moisture stain. And the book lies very flat with no spine roll - the strip up the left edge of the cover is the result of off-centre printing. No rips, nips or tears to speak of. Cover blacks are deep and all there. Thanks in advance.

oaaw83.jpg

That is sweet.That is the nicest copy I have seen. I think they may go easier on that book but I would say 6.0. Did you see that copy on Ebay last week go for $611.

No, I hadn't seen that... and the low-quality scan/photo made that book a bit of a shot in the dark!!

#83 is a very tough book to find - the Holy Grail of most DC war collectors. I think it will overtake Our Army at War #81 in the next couple of years, price-wise.

This one is staying deep in my collection forever... unless a truly sparkly one appears!

Shep

i went first, heck it's easier to follow then dive in head first. My big issue was the tanning, didn't say it was a bad book

i went first, heck it's easier to follow then dive in head first. My big issue was the tanning, didn't say it was a bad book

Hey, don't get me wrong - I appreciate the feedback and I agree with your call on the book. thumbsup2.gif

Just wish I could get as many opinions on this as the more common books get!

Shep

Hey, don't get me wrong - I appreciate the feedback and I agree with your call on the book. thumbsup2.gif

Just wish I could get as many opinions on this as the more common books get!

Shep

Some of us were waiting for the promised back scan.

Dan

I would be very happy to receive that in the mail as a 6.0.Nice book that I don't think I've ever seen in person.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I'm trying a new type of restraint, and being strict about not seeing any of the other members oppinions before I give a grade. Trying to really refine my set. So with that, I'm thinking this looks like a nice 5.5/6.0

I don't know much about this book (I know shoot me if that is horrible), but I like it. Cool War cover.

-bounty