• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MM Mags & WDC&S pics

27 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting the pictures of the books. They are very nice copies of some great Disney comics. Have you ever seen the mailing envelope that was produced for subscriptions?

> Dairy

I used to collect the two earlier series as well, but my interest faded as

I discovered that these have nothing in common with the 3rd series besides

the title. Whereas the 3rd series had beautiful artwork and an interesting

development, the first two are probably the least remarkable 1930s Disney

childrens books. The scan below shows two copies from Series 1, which

may well be the most impossible run of any Disney title to complete. Only

recommended for the very hardest of hard core collectors smile.gif.

mmearly.jpg

I worked at Disney and it freaked me out to see Mickey imprints in the cement walkway leading up to the door. I thought that was a little over the top. But this guy -- whoa.

pffft HKP...some Disney fan you are.. get cracking and you might be able to catch up to this guy. boo.gif

Brian

Gosh - there's a whole other side to D. Dupcak that I never knew about! A kinder, more "animated" side...

Yikes!

HKP: Most impressive! That's a beatiful run... I'd love to see the rest of the WDC&S lineup when you've scanned it... at least the first 100 issues!

Do you have all the early Mickey and Donald appearances in Four Color as well ?

> pffft HKP...some Disney fan you are..

How humbling - makes me feel like crawling back under my sorry little mouseshaped rock...

Actually, as I think I've said before, I don't really like Disney. Like Joanna, I used to work for their movie division and wouldn't dream of going back. I've largely stopped bying Disney comics except for high grade MM Mags and early WDC&S (which are just too beautiful to let go of) and early Barks originals. Otherwise, I am moving into other GA titles (learning about these is what has kept me coming back to these forums every time I swore that I'd leave). My entire Disney collection fits easily into a small cabinet and I want to keep it like that. I do have nice copies of almost all the early WDC&S, though, which I want to add to the page when I get time. If other people have nice collections and want to help, I would very much like to hear from them.