• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales 116

31 posts in this topic

Fred,

Nice book . . . do you know it's provenance? Is that color touch in the ULFC? The URFC is soft and that appears to be some "spattering " on the FC. Also extra ink at spine above word balloon 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm going to say Apparent 8.0

-d

Fred,

Nice book . . . do you know it's provenance? Is that color touch in the ULFC? The URFC is soft and that appears to be some "spattering " on the FC. Also extra ink at spine above word balloon 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-d

There is some "spattering" (coffee drops from the color), as for the extra ink, it's typical on that cover (look below the Torch word baloon...)

And yes I know it's provenance. There's no color touch of any sort on close inspection (IMO).

Fred,

-d

There is some "spattering" (coffee drops from the color), as for the extra ink, it's typical on that cover (look above the Torch word baloon...)

And yes I know it's provenance. There's no color touch of any sort on close inspection (IMO).

Excellent! Then I drop the apparent thumbsup2.gif and bump it up .5 to

8.5 sumo.gif

Fred,

-d

They all look like that David.

Mine was posted a week ago.

My guess is the issue was rushed and the art looks like it. tongue.gif

I'd go with 8.5, owing to the very light creasing at the URFC and the dent (or is it a light stain) along the bottom edge of the back cover. Sharp copy of a tough book.

The date stamp looks suspiciously like the ones from the Joe and Nadia collection. Any chance this book is from there?

The date stamp looks suspiciously like the ones from the Joe and Nadia collection. Any chance this book is from there?

Good catch! In fact, it's the same date stamp than the one on the back cover of the Strange Tales 116 CGC 9.2 copy from the Joe and Nadia Mannarino collection. I have not compared with other books from that collection, but I am 100% sure that these ST 116 were bought at the same store. Here's the two :

My copy :

strange-tales-116B2.jpg

CGC 9.2 COW copy from Joe and Nadia Mannarino :

ST-116-9.jpg

Does anyone know if the Mannarino collection was bought from a particular store ?

Definitely in the 8.5 to 9.0 range Frederic. Was this the infamous Mr. Pym book and are you going to get it graded? Just curious. My 9.0 is on it's way to Jimbo as we speak. Thanks for the reco!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Yes, it's the infamous Mr. Pym copy!

And yes, it's going to CGC tomorrow and I'm 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for a Universal 8.5 grade.

I would not mind 9.0, but I would prefer that CGC graders put their pink glasses for my Mass. Copy ST 103 that will be sent along with that ST 116 devil.gif (plus Burntboy's copy of ST 120!)

Fred,

-d

There is some "spattering" (coffee drops from the color), as for the extra ink, it's typical on that cover (look above the Torch word baloon...)

Excellent! Then I drop the apparent thumbsup2.gif and bump it up .5 to

8.5 sumo.gif

wishy washy poke2.gif I would say 8.5 as well.