• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahem . . . 9.8 anyone? Thor #229

43 posts in this topic

Hey David, how long does it take you to press those Thors up anyway....it's been a long time since your last CGC 10.0 submission poke2.gif Ok, now I'll go back and grade it. sorry.gif

9.4 stress line from opening at top staple, slight wear bottom left corner and color abrasion on back cover. How does it look under the light at an angle?

Another nice Tomato Boxer

9.4 stress line from opening at top staple, slight wear bottom left corner and color abrasion on back cover. How does it look under the light at an angle?

Hi David.........

sorta what he said as to the tiny color flake at the LLC and tiny spine stress line/lines. (as well as Aces catching that tiny rust dot on the staple).

i also believe that up at the 9.8 grade, CGC would take the miswrap into account - no??

one last thing which is probably just a hair on the screen or book, but the dude on the right edge in the brown suit has what looks like a hairline scratch across his body.

still, it looks immaculate at first glance and is probably at least an E-bay 9.6...... devil.gif

Hey David, how long does it take you to press those Thors up anyway....it's been a long time since your last CGC 10.0 submission poke2.gif Ok, now I'll go back and grade it. sorry.gif

Hey CD,

There's a huge difference between the quality of books that were hand-selected and have never seen the light of day for thirty years . . . and the kind of stuff you've been cashing in on poke2.gif As you've never really seen a Tomato Boxer, may I suggest that you actually, ahem, buy one? wink.gif

You'd probably wet your pants. 27_laughing.gif It would actually be a shame to slab a book like this.

Yeah, that stress line at the top staple is HUGE sumo.gif Oh and btw, GORGEOUS wink.gif

Yeah, that stress line at the top staple is HUGE sumo.gif Oh and btw, GORGEOUS wink.gif

Remember; you are not your books................. grin.gif

Hi David.........

sorta what he said as to the tiny color flake at the LLC and tiny spine stress line/lines. (as well as Aces catching that tiny rust dot on the staple).

i also believe that up at the 9.8 grade, CGC would take the miswrap into account - no??

one last thing which is probably just a hair on the screen or book, but the dude on the right edge in the brown suit has what looks like a hairline scratch across his body.

still, it looks immaculate at first glance and is probably at least an E-bay 9.6...... devil.gif

Hi Harry,

This is indeed a complete inventory of the books flaws. Now, one must admit that the level of scrutiny is absurd! As to the 9.2 grade, was Pedro's first book a USM? 27_laughing.gif

The hairline "scratch" you refer to is perhaps the tiniest printer's "crease" I've ever seen; the flake is electron-microscopic, as I mentioned the tiny speck of rust is now gone (flicked right off) and that stress line at the lower tine of the top staple 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (Yikes!).

btw, I don't believe the slight miswrap at the top would keep it out of 9.8 gossip.gif

hi.gif

Hi David.........

Hi Harry,

This is indeed a complete inventory of the books flaws. Now, one must admit that the level of scrutiny is absurd! As to the 9.2 grade, was Pedro's first book a USM? 27_laughing.gif

The hairline "scratch" you refer to is perhaps the tiniest printer's "crease" I've ever seen; the flake is electron-microscopic, as I mentioned the tiny speck of rust is now gone (flicked right off) and that stress line at the lower tine of the top staple 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (Yikes!).

btw, I don't believe the slight miswrap at the top would keep it out of 9.8 gossip.gif

hi.gif

Deeeep breaths, in and out. Remember your sigline.

9.4/9.6 tossup. The miswrap is a non-issue, but the few spine stresses might make the difference between a NM and a NM+ depending on how the graders are feeling that day.

Oh, and for all of you haters out there, I have seen spine stresses on 9.8s. Too much hating going on around here lately on some sweet books.