• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahem . . . 9.8 anyone? Thor #229

43 posts in this topic

newkadia says buckler and marie severin on the cover but who knows

Yup, Gerber confirms that: Buckler and Marie Severin sumo.gif on the cover

acclaim.gif

They don't come much better than this Tomato Boxer acclaim.gif

Forgive me ignorance, but what is a "tomato boxer"?

Jeffro,

When I was a high school kid (1971-74) I was working a summer job as a clerk at the local drug store. One of my jobs was to unband the comics and magazines as they were delivered, and to put them on the racks.

From those, I was able to hand choose the titles and copies I wanted and put them in a bag to take home at the end of my shift. At this point in time poly bags (Robert Bell) were available, but you had to be a NASA scientist to get mylar. As my purchases exceeded my allotted reading time (due mostly to girls), I bagged most books without reading them, and put them in their series stack in one of a dozen or so parafiin coated tomato boxes I used for storing books at the time.

These stayed in the closet in my parents ground floor basement until 1995, when my parents sold the house and moved to Florida. Just before the house changed hands I flew home and shipped the books back as they were stored via UPS to California.

I first looked at them again in June 2002, after some 25 years going untouched.

grin.gif

Must be some nice books if most of them look like that Thor.

Thanks for the explanation. laugh.gif