• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time for guess the CGC grade

31 posts in this topic

hi.gif

I thought that this was an interesting one.

Big bindery tear? at the bottom of a perfect spine. Slight issue upper right corner. How'd that acid paper thingy move, and how do you get it back in place?

I'll post the CGC label tomorrow morning. Don't tell if you seen this copy in the internet 893naughty-thumb.gif

Vamp03c.jpg

Vamp03bc.jpg

Vamp03s.jpg

I have a squarebound missing a small chunk at the spine about that same size. CGC knocked the book down about 2 grading units. So.... I'd guess cgc 8.5 for your cool mag.

I'm probably missing something but it looks good to me. 9.2?

I have had a few mile high 9.4's with a bindery"Chunk" (square 1/8x1/8 missing) so I'm going off of that. What was the reasoning behind 7.5/8.0? Is there a stain on the mag?

My guess is 8.0 as well, so let's see it tomorrow. I'm curious if CGC even took the bindery tear into account. Without the bindery tear 9.0. The grade will let me know how CGC interprets this one.

I do have a GA bomber #1 in VF- 7.5 that has some paper/holes in the spine at top and bottom that I find more annoying than the bindery tear.

I'd say 8.5, but give it .5 bonus points to make it to 9.0 just because it looks so clean and bright.

to clarify - 8.5 is my CGC guess, the 9.0 is what I would call it.

Drum roll . . . . . and the answer is 893whatthe.gif

Vamp03cgc.jpg

I was closest, you can all kiss it

** pirate 2006 closest grader of the year * acclaim.gif

Seriously if it's a valuable book i would resub it or get the grader notes and find out why it got a 7.0

Drum roll . . . . . and the answer is 893whatthe.gif

Vamp03cgc.jpg

I was closest, you can all kiss it

** pirate 2006 closest grader of the year * acclaim.gif

Seriously if it's a valuable book i would resub it or get the grader notes and find out why it got a 7.0

now these comments are pretty funny.................

3 other folks have the SAME guess as you (and Aces is the only person to even hint at the book being in the 7 category), and you're taking credit for being the closest....... 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif