• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House of Secrets #92 - guess the grade

25 posts in this topic

I recently cracked this out of a PGX slab. I'll post the book and let you guys grade and then a little bit later I'll tell you what the PGX grade was. Deal? Ok here we go.

hos924rl.th.jpg

hos92back6zj.th.jpg

BTW I can happily say that this is my first true grail book.

Looks like a textbook 8.0 to me wink.gif

Rounded LRFC; slight crunch crease ULFC/URBC; blemish at center of spine FC; small stain LEBC

I would tend to agree except it presents nicer than my CGC slabbed 8.5... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

Call me crazy, but seeing as how this is always a horrible issue to look at because of the grainy cover I'm going to say that PGX gave it a 9.0 possibly even a 9.2.

I think I'll stick with 9.2 as I have a feeling that it is super smooth and glossy.

well, he did break it out and historically, PGX has been tough on HG books.

i agree with divad (and others) that it looks like an 8.0, but i'll go with a 7.5VF- as the PGX grade, same as darknight............(i'm guessing that scrunched corner got it hammered by mr patterson...........)

will pgx grade it more harshly, or more leniently? drumrolls

I don't have a clue, as I've never seen a PGX slabbed book in hand, and I've certainly never sent one to (him) to be graded 27_laughing.gif

My guess = 8.0

But after seeing the Hulk 6 with the big honking crease get a 7.0 I wouldn't be surprised if PGX gave it a 8.5 or even a 9.0.

crazy.gif

Ok guys here we go. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

And the PGX grade was.............Ta Da! 8.0

After cracking it out I agreed with the grade. I can see how some might lean towards 8.5, but at the end of the day it's closer to an 8.0 than it is an 8.5. Now if I sent it to CGC who knows, maybe it does crack 8.5, but I have no intention of doing that.

All I know is I've been saving $$$ for this book for awhile and when spring rolled around I promised myself I would finally pull the trigger. Well $300 dollars later, here I am and I am quite happy.

893applaud-thumb.gif