• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Comix International # 2

10 posts in this topic

JAYmyMan, how big is the crease to the lower corner of the back cover? It's tough to see, but it looks like it might be 1" or more of that corner?

If it is a 1" 'er I would say VF+ 8.5. Though that front looks like a solid VF/NM (maybe a 10% shot at NM- 9.2...if it didn't have a crease to the back cover)

-bounty

It's actually a 1.5 'er crease. It is so light it doesn't show on the inside back cover but obviously it's enough to break color through the black.

Those darn black covers! frustrated.gif

I was thinking 8.5 myself but though it does look stunning in hand!

Heres the deal to re-emphasis. This copy of Comix International, even though it is a VF+ 8.5, it is still probably in the top 15% of the nicest copies out there. Where if this were a comparable comic from this period, a VF+ 8.5 might be closer to the top 40% of the nicest copies out there. Of course this is just my oppinion, but over the years when searching for these books, I can say this is one of the nicest I've seen. And I've seen many.

-bounty

I didn't realize it could get to 8.5 with a crease like that. If the crease were on the front, how much would it bring it down?

A 1.5" crease that breaks color is a pretty big deal in the comic world. It almost guarantees VF range status, regardless of how nice the rest of the book is. Thats the technicality of it. Which is why I always stress a marriage of technical grade with eye appeal.

I'm not sure if CGC cares if a crease is on the front or the back cover?...like if it has any more weight? Though I could see CGC taking it down to a VF 8.0 if it was on the front cover and broke color, but I'm not really that sure? confused-smiley-013.gif

-bounty