• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-men 49

16 posts in this topic

I'd have to agree that the soiling and back cover crumpled corner might keep it from 8.5 or higher.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. real sharp book.

There look to be some minor creases on the spine, looking at the front cover. Right across from Angel's foot I am seeing what might be two small creases. I cannot be sure. In any case, as others have pointed out, the problems with the edges and the soiling are going to keep this one from going above an 8.0. Too bad there is so much white; it is tough to make a good judgement on whether or not there are a lot of small problems with this book.

Regardless of the imperfections, the book jumps out. While may only grade to about 8.0 it presents like a low 9. It is a very attractive book because of that white cover. You don't see too many that are that bright.

i hate to be the grading bastiche here but i could see it even hitting a 7.5. that rubbing on FC and the chipping along the bottom hurts imo.

Techincally probably an 8.5, displays from the front like a beautiful NM- 9.2

I think that a non-whitecover book in this same condish would probably get a VF/NM, but on this tough white cover I'm thinking a VF+ 8.5

Stunning book.

-bounty

Abso-freakin'-lutely sumo.gif

Very nice!

I look at this book and am amazed. I have never seen a whiter copy or a copy with a white equally as brilliant.

The main reason I bought this book, is because it was so white. I've looked for so long to find one that wasn't dingy looking. Now if only I could find a Captain America 111 with the same brilliance headbang.gif Anyone? confused-smiley-013.gif

-Chris

Solid book 8.0 - 8.5! thumbsup2.gif