• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIG SERIES FORUM?

75 posts in this topic

I hope not! shy.gif

It's people like you that make such a forum worthwhile. I would much rather hang out in a room with other Yellow label collectors...than a room full of 9.8 Blue label chasers. poke2.gif

I will make the case. As a Signature Series member dealer it would be good to read collectors opinions on signature series in a specific forum. Member dealers could also post pertinant information on Future Signature Series events and the threads wouldn't get buried in comics general. You can also look at the length of threads such as The infinite signature thread which shows many CGC books and the Show us your signature series thread which eventually got buried after 30 pages of contributions. Plus the size of the signature series collecting community is getting larger.

So make a case for it? Why do we need it? What would get talked about?

We have an OA forum...but we have to "make a case" for a forum dealing directly with a service CGC is offering? insane.gif

What would we talk about?

How about our collections? Upcoming signature opportunities. Opinions on signature placement.

I don't collect Blue labels at all. Why can't I have a place to talk about what I collect with others that collect the same?

I will make the case. As a Signature Series member dealer it would be good to read collectors opinions on signature series in a specific forum. Member dealers could also post pertinant information on Future Signature Series events and the threads wouldn't get buried in comics general. You can also look at the length of threads such as The infinite signature thread which shows many CGC books and the Show us your signature series thread which eventually got buried after 30 pages of contributions. Plus the size of the signature series collecting community is getting larger.

hail.gif Right on the money!

I hope not! shy.gif

It's people like you that make such a forum worthwhile. I would much rather hang out in a room with other Yellow label collectors...than a room full of 9.8 Blue label chasers. poke2.gif

Oh okay. I support such a forum if it means the yellows are all in a contained area.

Blue till the day i die! acclaim.gif

hail.gif Right on the money!

Kris said it better than I could.

So make a case for it? Why do we need it? What would get talked about?

It will move a topic that many have no interest or passing interest at best. That topic can then be put into a place that will serve the people who enjoy SS and have a high interest. Thus, we can free up comics general of a topic that is mildly interesting to many AND recognize that there is a large enough community on the boards that needs its on threads.

• Administrator

Should it be defined as just signature series, or is this a broader topic that covers not only SS, but also the general practice of collecting signatures (even unwitnessed)?

What topics currently in other locations would you see as appropriate to move to this new board if it makes enough sense to create? (links please)

We can also talk about rarity of certain creators, get a better idea of who's who in regards to witnesses, members, etc

We can have a trading/selling forum of just SS books. We will also have one just for beyonder so he can be in his own little world of 3x guide.

We could talk about why arch hasn't done this from the get go smile.gif

Discuss how there should be a registry of just SS books. I know you can score them currently but could expand on it.

One forum probably won't be big enough.

Should it be defined as just signature series, or is this a broader topic that covers not only SS, but also the general practice of collecting signatures (even unwitnessed)?

What topics currently in other locations would you see as appropriate to move to this new board if it makes enough sense to create? (links please)

SS only but thats just my opinion.

Let's just start from scratch. Just create a forum entitled "Signature Series", and those of us that collect signatures can shape it from there.

If someone creates a thread we feel is worthy of being made 'sticky'...someone can PM you.

The forum can be all-encompassing at 1st, and secondary forums(Marketplace for instance) can be created later on if needed.

• Administrator

The reason I'm interested in links to posts that are now in other places that should be moved is that it's a good measure of the level of activity that it might generate, i.e. will it be a ghost town or a lively board.