• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIG SERIES FORUM?

75 posts in this topic

It will distract future buyers from the miswrap. wink.gif
I don't think there will ever be another buyer. makepoint.gif

Get crack'in. thumbsup2.gif

Ask yourself this:

In 5/10 years from now...would you rather have that 9.6 Blue label....or the same book signed by the artist & authenticated with a yellow label?

Personally, I'd sell the 9.6 & buy a nicely centered 9.2/9.4 to submit for my collection.

This was something I asked Paul and Harshen for last fall when I became more involved with Signature Series. We've been pretty busy these last six months, but it's still a valid idea. Especially since SS are a growing part of the CGC convention experience these days.

We could move all SS related topics into the forum, as well as questions related to autographed comics in general. It would be a place to announce upcoming signature series opportunities, and a place for SS collectors to buy and trade (there wouldn't be a need for a separate marketplace imho at this time).

Plus, people just like to show off their books. A la the Infinite Signature Thread.

You have my vote for an SS forum! thumbsup2.gif

An SS forum could be useful in many ways.

The CGC census is much more skewed to collectors of Blue labels. From an SS collecting standpoint it is often not how many of a particular title are available but how many signatures of a creator or artist are out there. The actual book may become a secondary issue if there aren't enough signatures to cover the market. The ability to do analysis of SS's like Valiantman's work around other labels would be very thought provoking and I believe would promote some serious debate.

An SS forum would also make it easier to know what events are coming up, who will be there to sign, who is going from this forum and who would be on hand to get forum members books signed who can't be there.

An SS forum would also bring more attention to the pioneers of this field such as AlexH and Paradise comics.

I am all for it.