• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Marvel Pictureframes..now that's a nice price!

150 posts in this topic

Its a reprint who the hell cares..especially 850 bucks whoever pays that needs special help screwy.gif..You can use 850 bucks for alot better books then that

You seem to come from the "Whatever I collect is great, whatever you collect suucks" camp. Congrats for pizzing all over what someone wants to buy. thumbsup2.gif

Sounds to me like he's trying to talk some sense into people. You don't need # 67-93 to have a complete set. If you already have # 1-66 you have the originals that these reprint. If you own the original that this book reprints, esp. in 9.4, and you pay $800 for this copy, you are screwy.gif

Its a reprint who the hell cares..especially 850 bucks whoever pays that needs special help screwy.gif..You can use 850 bucks for alot better books then that

You seem to come from the "Whatever I collect is great, whatever you collect suucks" camp. Congrats for pizzing all over what someone wants to buy. thumbsup2.gif

Sounds to me like he's trying to talk some sense into people. You don't need # 67-93 to have a complete set. If you already have # 1-66 you have the originals that these reprint. If you own the original that this book reprints, esp. in 9.4, and you pay $800 for this copy, you are screwy.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Maybe I’m nuts, but I paid up for the other 9.4 copy of this book. I guess I’m happy to see I’m not alone in my insanity. Did I overpay? I have no idea, but I’m trying to complete a run and I’m really happy to own the book. For whatever reason, it’s a hard book to find in this grade and we’re probably seeing the laws of supply and demand at work. I’d bet the winner of the auction isn’t going to have many regrets about owning the book.

Maybe I’m nuts, but I paid up for the other 9.4 copy of this book. I guess I’m happy to see I’m not alone in my insanity. Did I overpay? I have no idea, but I’m trying to complete a run and I’m really happy to own the book. For whatever reason, it’s a hard book to find in this grade and we’re probably seeing the laws of supply and demand at work. I’d bet the winner of the auction isn’t going to have many regrets about owning the book.

You and whoever wins the book are screwy.gifscrewy.gif

Again,you are establishing what is screwy.gif by what you think is right or correct.

How can you presume to say that someone doesnt need this book for a run? Obviously they do need it, in that grade, and are willing to pony up for it for they (unlike you) deem that to have a set (if that is their intention) this book is a necessity.

Again, is the bidder overpaying confused-smiley-013.gif but at the same time, it is his/her choice to do with his/her money as they see fit.

your copy doesn't have that miswrap tho, iirc

Well that is your opinion and of course you are entitled to have one, but as the saying goes "opinion are like asswh..." (Im sure you know the rest.) gossip.gif

Can you enlighten us as to what would be OK to collect and what prices we should be paying, oh great and mighty arbiter of comic collecting?
Yeah I want to know this too so that I do not anger you. yeahok.gif

All im trying to say is why would you want to pay 850 dollars for a 9.4 reprint when you can use that money to get a better book and one thats worth 850 dollars this book is not worth 850 dollars your gonna pay 7-8 times guide for a 9.4 reprint thats crazyyyy

Well that is your opinion and of course you are entitled to have one, but as the saying goes "opinion are like asswh..." (Im sure you know the rest.) gossip.gif

My opinion is the smart one!!

The fact that its a reprint book doents matter to me at all. If you are collecting X-Men and want a complete run you need this issue. Just because it was reprinted from an earlier issue is nothing to me. Its a different number and its inside the original numbering/series.

There are many issues which "reprint" the origin of certain characters (although this is different then the X-men reprint issues, I still use it to make a point)

The asking price for this issue is High IMHO, but paying $800 for a true 9.4 of this issue(this is an ugly 9.4) is not out of line with other marvel 9.4's in this era that are as hard to find in HG.

Drop this baby to $650 or so and it would be snapped up all day long, reprint or not in my opinion.

thumbsup2.gif

There's always that ignore user link. Sometimes you find a need to use it.