• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Marvel Pictureframes..now that's a nice price!

150 posts in this topic

It seems that I might of sold this puppy to low.

You should have tried harder to contact me. tongue.gif

Just busting on you a bit.

It is truly amazing some of the statements that are being thrown around here about the the X-Men reprints.

the comiclink one looks flat as a pancake

def. looks pressed to me

Definitely looks pressed? That is always an easy one to spot from scan.....

the comiclink one looks flat as a pancake

def. looks pressed to me

silly money for a reprint book

I held that book in my hands while I was dropping off a book at Josh's office in Brooklyn. Believe me that book wasn't pressed.

As far as silly money for a reprint book goes, too bad you don't have silly money to play with. gossip.gif

I also agree that there hasn't been the inducement to get these reprints slabbed. My expectation is that a few additional high grade copies may now show up owing to the prices being realized for them, but they will still prove to be relatively scarce in high grade owing to the abuse they tended to take both on the rack and at home.

Specific issues like this one is not likely to show up in high grade until it gets broken out in the OS guide. Only then will the long-term collectors realize the so-called "scarcity" and value of these particular issues.

High grade copies are usually buried in with the long-term collections and these types of collectors simply don't pay active attention to CGC-centric stats such as census numbers and GPA prices. Unlike the board members or flippers here who pays close attention to these kind of numbers and would have slabbed and sold off their HG copies by now.

I also agree that there hasn't been the inducement to get these reprints slabbed. My expectation is that a few additional high grade copies may now show up owing to the prices being realized for them, but they will still prove to be relatively scarce in high grade owing to the abuse they tended to take both on the rack and at home.

Specific issues like this one is not likely to show up in high grade until it gets broken out in the OS guide. Only then will the long-term collectors realize the so-called "scarcity" and value of these particular issues.

High grade copies are usually buried in with the long-term collections and these types of collectors simply don't pay active attention to CGC-centric stats such as census numbers and GPA prices. Unlike the board members or flippers here who pays close attention to these kind of numbers and would have slabbed and sold off their HG copies by now.

lou is a wise man 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Lou I think as per usual you make some good points here. The issue of course is that the people bidding at the top end are either HG slab collectors, or dealers who have customers who are HG slab collectors. The points you illustrate about the OS guide are likely to keep this book's census numbers down, though undoubtably a few more people will be alerted to its presence.

That a crazy price, but like I said to Tom, its probably justified in terms of how long he's been looking in time and effort via copies available that suit the purpose of his purchase needs (HG for his registry set). This book obviously has a lot of extraneous factors that move its value upwards in slabbed 9.4.

Congrats on finally nabbing one Tomega - satifies his collecting goals and make me feel real good about the raw 9.0 I bought for $40. grin.gif

the book isnt pressed?

PUHLEEEEAZZE.................

look at how flat it is and how the page corners extend beyond the cover edges

it has the appearance of a matt nelson ebay book

The top resto people in the business say that it's impossible to spot pressing with book in hand yet YOU are able to tell if a book is pressed from a scan. foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

How exactly is a high grade book supposed to NOT look flat from a 2D scan?

If this really is the reason then why are there so many more graded copies of the previous 20 issues? These completist collectors don't want to keep #s 50-66???