• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,100 posts in this topic

Shep, I bought very few off the rack. Mostly at comic book shops throughout the country as I traveled alot on business. I also bought many books off of E-Bay, through other auctions and at conventions. As you know it so hard to find DC war books, so you get em any way you can. Keith.

Edited by sgtrock9211

Sweet books Angelo, 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gif

The more and more of these Atlas war books I see the more I'm starting to love them. acclaim.gif I finally purchased a few mid-grade copies and they were pretty cool stories with nice inside art. thumbsup2.gif

I'm sure you guys seen that Salida thread and those incrdible copies of Navy Action # 5 and # 6. Now those were Sweeeeet. cloud9.gif

Sweet books Angelo, 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gif

The more and more of these Atlas war books I see the more I'm starting to love them. acclaim.gif I finally purchased a few mid-grade copies and they were pretty cool stories with nice inside art. thumbsup2.gif

I'm sure you guys seen that Salida thread and those incrdible copies of Navy Action # 5 and # 6. Now those were Sweeeeet. cloud9.gif

Thanks so much. Aside from the great art, read:Kirby, Ditko, the stories are very enjoyable. I only wish that Kirby & Ditko had a longer run on the title.

Angelo

Time to post my Battle run. Not complete, but working on getting 63-70.

Battle65VF-.jpg

Battle66.jpg

Battle687-1.jpg

Battle70.jpg

Angelo

Awesome books! 893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks for posting them!! thumbsup2.gif

Andy

Angelo

Nice. Here's a couple more Battles. I posted these previously but what the *spoon*.

Battle 34

Battle34.jpg

Battle 57

Battle57.jpg

Angelo

Nice. Here's a couple more Battles. I posted these previously but what the *spoon*.

Battle 34

Battle34.jpg

Battle 57

Battle57.jpg

Those are amazing covers hail.gif May have to expand my run 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Angelo

Battle 34

Battle34.jpg

I've always liked that cover. But, there's two things wrong with that picture

1) The gun is drawn way too small (much larger in real life)

2) A sniper would never have a spotter who smokes, the fire & smoke gives away position.

Heath drew these war covers much more realistic imo

Battle 34

Battle34.jpg

Well, if you ask me, you can post this one everyday! hail.gif I love it!! cloud9.gif

Andy

I sold off my Atlas books last year to concentrate on DC war. While I don't regret it (I was able to get some great books I might not otherwise have afforded) seeing all these Atlas books is getting me a little misty. Howzabout someone hum 'Taps' while we look at some of those long-gone books...

This is the only one I kept, because to me it's the quintessential Atlas war book...

war23n.jpg

These have been thrown to the wind...

waraction7n.jpg

War26n.jpg

bf26.jpg

ba16.jpg

battle30f.jpg

ba.jpg

Actually, I think I want to go have a good cry now...

I sold off my Atlas books last year to concentrate on DC war. While I don't regret it (I was able to get some great books I might not otherwise have afforded) seeing all these Atlas books is getting me a little misty.

I'm always considering selling my Atlas war and misc. oddball war, but I'm afraid of how I'd feel if I did.

I find that unless it's DC or Atlas, and perhaps EC, the demand for war books is pretty low and the prices realized reflect that. Any comments?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy

In the past year or so, to finance bronze age war purchases, I've sold my DC horror, my original war artwork (Heath, Severin, Kirby, Ken Barr and Estrada pages) many early DC war books and nearly all of my Atlas books.

The only thing I really regret - and know I will NEVER be able to get back - are the Atlas books.

My collection wasn't uber-high grade (they never come up in better than Fine anyway) but they took me years of trolling ebay to put together. Waaaay tougher than DC war of the same era, for some reason. The stories and the art were grittier, particularly the Heath tales. Killer work by Severin, Maneely and Everett too.

I also had a couple of Atlas Westerns which rocked hard, and they went with the war books. And now, all I have left are the scans.

Now, I REALLY want to go have a cry. Lesson learned.

Shep

I sold off my Atlas books last year to concentrate on DC war. While I don't regret it (I was able to get some great books I might not otherwise have afforded) seeing all these Atlas books is getting me a little misty. Howzabout someone hum 'Taps' while we look at some of those long-gone books...

This is the only one I kept, because to me it's the quintessential Atlas war book...

war23n.jpg

Actually, I think I want to go have a good cry now...

War 23 is a wonderful cover -- one of my favorites as well. thumbsup2.gif

Sorry to hear about the other Atlas books sorry.gif