• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,101 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2024 at 7:17 PM, gunsmokin said:

IMG_4336.jpeg

My old copy :cool:

On 3/29/2024 at 8:11 AM, gunsmokin said:

Got it from Andy on his last sales thread. Absolutely love it.

It's a fresh copy that he wrung from me for a handful of beans.

And that artwork shown made me think back to the 2016 Overstreet #46, with Sgt Rock on it. Man, Russ Heath was another level of greatness. A genuinely wonderful man, and funny as can be. 

Here’s a souvenir that I was lucky to snag, ask him to sign, and then bring home that year. 

IMG_5150.jpeg

On 7/25/2024 at 3:06 PM, thirdgreenham said:

In my new Overstreet Price Guide, there’s a hint at a new project being worked on. Man, those guys are crazy! 

IMG_5149.jpeg

Great! When is it scheduled to come out?

On 7/25/2024 at 1:06 PM, thirdgreenham said:

In my new Overstreet Price Guide, there’s a hint at a new project being worked on. Man, those guys are crazy! 

IMG_5149.jpeg

I flipped through the new OSPG and saw this.  The war report is so heavily DC centric and detached from what the reality of the market is.  It's anchored 15 years in the past and I have really low hopes for this publication.  I'd love to see one done well, but if it's consistent with what's in OSPG then it's going to fall flat.  

On 9/4/2024 at 11:08 AM, buttock said:

I flipped through the new OSPG and saw this.  The war report is so heavily DC centric and detached from what the reality of the market is.  It's anchored 15 years in the past and I have really low hopes for this publication.  I'd love to see one done well, but if it's consistent with what's in OSPG then it's going to fall flat.  

Yo Dan,

We have an APB out for contributors who can give us a way-kewl non-DC spin. Can you think of any folks who'd step up and get us a little more lean and mean? 

- Mick

On 9/15/2024 at 11:48 AM, bronze johnny said:

@comick1

Hey Mick,

Any idea when this is scheduled to come out? Looking forward to it!

Thanks,

John

Hiya John,
I really have zilcho info regarding this special OPG war comics guide. Matt mentioned it once back in Spring of '23, and I saw the little blurb about it in the normal OPG, but other than that, I know nothing more about it. I was just talking about people making contributions to the regular "War Report" in the annual OPG. 
I think you'd be a good choice for this as well, sir!

- Mick

On 9/3/2024 at 12:37 PM, bronze johnny said:

Recently visited the Tate Modern in London and saw this Lichtenstein:

IMG_0252.jpeg

There was an exhibition of pop art at the De La Warr pavilion in Bexhill where they had the original design sketch for this work, roughly 6 by 8 inches as I recall, hanging on a nail at chest height in a dark side room. I'm not normally tempted to steal, but I turned to my partner and said to her 'look, I could just take this and no-one would know!' 

I didn't of course. 

On 9/25/2024 at 4:21 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

There was an exhibition of pop art at the De La Warr pavilion in Bexhill where they had the original design sketch for this work, roughly 6 by 8 inches as I recall, hanging on a nail at chest height in a dark side room. I'm not normally tempted to steal, but I turned to my partner and said to her 'look, I could just take this and no-one would know!' 

I didn't of course. 

I’m amazed at how he did this “dot by dot.” The guy had amazing patience.