• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Awww, man they censored me!!! Spoon doesn't exactly have the resonance nor imagery of what I was going for. . .rhymes with split.

Yeah, and words like krap and m oron are also censored screwy.gif

Keeping on topic, I have a few Atlas war books too. I should scan them. The thing I like about the Atlas books is they are generally more affordable than their DC counterparts. Plus, some of those covers are just great.

I *spoon* appreciate *spoon* the *spoon* sentiment *spoon* behind *spoon* that. . .*spoon* I *spoon* am *spoon* disappointed *spoon* however *spoon* that *spoon* you *spoon* only *spoon* thought *spoon* it'd *spoon* be *spoon* every *spoon* 3rd *spoon* word *spoon* and *spoon* not *spoon* every *spoon* other.

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

Andy

I *spoon* appreciate *spoon* the *spoon* sentiment *spoon* behind *spoon* that. . .*spoon* I *spoon* am *spoon* disappointed *spoon* however *spoon* that *spoon* you *spoon* only *spoon* thought *spoon* it'd *spoon* be *spoon* every *spoon* 3rd *spoon* word *spoon* and *spoon* not *spoon* every *spoon* other.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif That covers just about all of your regulars except for *spoon* and of course *spoon*.

Here are a couple samples from different runs that haven't shown up too much on the boards. I posted most of these on the "Show us your 10¢er board", but there're some nice westerns that didn't make it here but you can see on the other board.

aamow88.jpg

aamow94.jpg

cc6.jpg

gic76.jpg

gic83.jpg

gic92.jpg

Incidentally, that Grandenetti HT story on the inside of the GIC 92 is so damned good (haven't broken it open in awhile) that it actually might be better (gulp!) than some of the Heaths. If you think I'm crazy, check it out. It's ultra-slick Grandenetti at his *spoon*-kickin' finest!

man23.jpg

Always loved these two Kubert covers in particular.

oaaw99.jpg

Then there's the OOAW 99 Kubert story. Huhminah Huhminah Huhminah.

oaaw122.jpg

off65.jpg

Another great Grandenetti issue inside and out.

Here's small taste of some stuff I will be posting over the weekend.

popcorn.gif

Well, a day late and a dollar short, but here's some books I recently picked up. I was going to post each one in its own post, big and large but I'm far too lazy today for that.

I recently completed a deal for 30+ Our Army at War books from the Diamond Run collection. Is this a ped? Don't know, don't care. These books a very sweet. Here's the first 12. I haven't scanned the others yet.

th_OAAW162.jpgth_OAAW163.jpgth_OAAW165.jpgth_OAAW166.jpgth_OAAW167.jpgth_OAAW168.jpg

th_OAAW169.jpgth_OAAW170.jpgth_OAAW171.jpgth_OAAW172.jpgth_OAAW186.jpgth_OAAW187.jpg