• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,101 posts in this topic

Andy,

You've been awesomely, awesomely kind to me over the years... so I'll let some other take advantage of your original art largesse.

You are a king amongst collectors... a war guru. And I have thought about doing the same thing as you many, many, many times.

There's no wrong decision... you make it, and then you make it right. Simple as that.

If you're selling, then I hope you make out like a complete bandit and get everything back and much, much more.

Take care,

Shep

How can I say exactly the same thing any better than this?

Good luck with everything Andy (thumbs u

I've been doing a lot of thinking these days, and I've made a very serious decision. I'm going to be selling nearly all of my DC war books. I've decided to auction them off through Heritage and I've already started shipping them some books. It was a tough decision, one that I'll have to live with forever. I don't think I'm ever going to be completely out of the hobby, and there's probably a chance that I'll be re-acquiring a lot of these books sometime later in life. I don't know, maybe/maybe not. We'll see. :)

I hope we'll still see you on the boards Andy.

I've been doing a lot of thinking these days, and I've made a very serious decision. I'm going to be selling nearly all of my DC war books. I've decided to auction them off through Heritage and I've already started shipping them some books. It was a tough decision, one that I'll have to live with forever. I don't think I'm ever going to be completely out of the hobby, and there's probably a chance that I'll be re-acquiring a lot of these books sometime later in life. I don't know, maybe/maybe not. We'll see. :)

I hope we'll still see you on the boards Andy.

Most definitely!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!! :shy:

Andy, I wish you great success in your auction. In my book, you are a first class guy and I have the utmost respect for you. I am a better person for having gotten to know you and appreciate everything you have done for me over the years. I know you will not completely step away from the hobby which should give us all great comfort to know you will still be around.

Keith

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks to all for such a great thread...I am really enjoying reading through the posts here and seeing such great covers and artwork.

I have just recently discovered the beauty of the silver age DC war books and I am hoping to make my first purchase soon.

Jay

Thank you very much, Keith, your words are too kind. (worship)

Let's change the direction of this thread back to the books. (thumbs u Perhaps adamstrange and aman can show us those Salidas again. :wishluck: I never tire of seeing those. :luhv:

Andy

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks to all for such a great thread...I am really enjoying reading through the posts here and seeing such great covers and artwork.

I have just recently discovered the beauty of the silver age DC war books and I am hoping to make my first purchase soon.

Jay

Welcome to the boards, Jay. :applause:

You've stumbled upon the the best thread on all of these boards, IMHO. Collecting DC war comics is a great lot of fun, which will hopefully turn into a passion for you. It's an often over-looked genre that needs more respect. Wonderful stories and artwork always make a winning combination. (thumbs u

Andy

Thank you very much, Keith, your words are too kind. (worship)

Let's change the direction of this thread back to the books. (thumbs u Perhaps adamstrange and aman can show us those Salidas again. :wishluck: I never tire of seeing those. :luhv:

Andy

Good god no. Between those, Keith's, Mick's, and Bedrock's stuff, my head is about to explode. :ohnoez:

Thanks Scrooge and thirdgreenham!

I am hoping that I can find some nice copies at affordable prices...I would really like to buy 1 or 2 of the 10 cent issues but I know how rare those are. The wash tone covers are absolutely gorgeous...I think GI Combat # 78 is my favorite cover of all.

Hola Jay,

Don't forget the wonderful world of Sgt. Fury!!

(thumbs u

lol...no I won't as I enjoyed them as a kid....they are definitely easier to find than the DC titles.

I would also like to get some of the Timely war titles as well and pretty much any 10 cent cover war book if it has a nice cover.

I am hoping that I can find some nice copies at affordable prices...I would really like to buy 1 or 2 of the 10 cent issues but I know how rare those are. The wash tone covers are absolutely gorgeous...I think GI Combat # 78 is my favorite cover of all.

I'll have another sale coming up soon, Jay. I'll be sure to make a post here when it's ready to go. There'll be some nice deals, I'm sure. (thumbs u

Andy

I'll have another sale coming up soon, Jay. I'll be sure to make a post here when it's ready to go. There'll be some nice deals, I'm sure. (thumbs u

Andy

many thanks thirdgreenham!

...I think GI Combat # 78 is my favorite cover of all.

Jay, Welcome to the boards (thumbs u

I couldn't agree more on the G.I. Combat 78...

gicombat78.jpg

gicombat78.jpg

I'M BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohnoez:

gicombat78.jpg

Thanks!

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL BOOK...You are one lucky guy!!! (I am dying of envy right now)

Edited by Jaymole