• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2022 at 7:55 AM, JEFFROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO said:

Not sure how I feel about this. I suppose it's good(??) that they are trying to keep Sgt Rock viable  (shrug)

https://tripwiremagazine.co.uk/headlines/nothins-easy-in-dc-horror-presents-sgt-rock-vs-the-army-of-the-dead/

"Written by the expert in battling the evil dead, Bruce Campbell"

I feel AWESOME  about it!  Wow, thanks Jeffro.  I didnt know about this.

somebody please help me.  What is the best way to get each of these issues in CGC 9.8?  Is there a service i can order from?

I love the Guide but the latest edition has OAAW 83 and Sgt Fury 1 equal in ranking based on value in its Silver Age top 50? What’s the basis for Sgt Fury 1 being equal to OAAW 83? 83 is much bigger and more valuable key. The single 9.0 copy that is the highest grade for OAAW 83 would break records for a war key if it ever came to market. When did a high grade copy of OAAW 83 sell this year and for how much? 

Disclosure: I own a copy of each of these books and they are awesome but the 83 is the Action Comics 1 of the War Genre.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, bronze johnny said:

I love the Guide but the latest edition has OAAW 83 and Sgt Fury 1 equal in ranking based on value in its Silver Age top 50? What’s the basis for Sgt Fury 1 being equal to OAAW 83? 83 is much bigger and more valuable key. The single 9.0 copy that is the highest grade for OAAW 83 would break records for a war key if it ever came to market. When did a high grade copy of OAAW 83 sell this year and for how much? 

Disclosure: I own a copy of each of these books and they are awesome but the 83 is the Action Comics 1 of the War Genre.

What rank does the new OPG have them at?

On 7/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, comick1 said:

Scored these at SD Comic-Con this past weekend.
Been searching for a nice copy of OAAW 93 for 33 years. The Kubert inside is just staggering. So so so good.

The cover of the AAMOW with the distinguished service awards is one of my fav Grandenetti covers. At least one person said that they thought the cover was ugly, but I think it's swell. My favorite period for Grandenetti. He went super heavy on the inks. The Grandenetti stories from that same time period laced across the Big-5 were more abstract and he truly leaned into deep black and thick lines. He was given even greater latitude with Warren but most stories are not to my liking. This later 10¢ period for his DC war stuff is the Goldilocks zone. 

Aamow80.HEIC.jpg

Oaaw93.HEIC.jpg

Wow, that OAAW is a beaut!