• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales Annual 2 9.4 wow..

Will this Strange Tales Annual 2 sell?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will this Strange Tales Annual 2 sell?

46 posts in this topic

Can't say I've ever seen this book in 9.4 before. Major starting bid, probably a bad idea cause this book would've been HEAVILY bidded on with a 9.99 start and reserve. This calls for a poll, personally I think this book sells and for more than the minimum. Let's see what the forum thinks..

If that book sells for $4K, then this is truly a madhouse market run purely by speculators and ill-informed investors.

I dunno, it's kind of rare in high grade, 4K is a bit steep, but there are some high rollers out there that don't mind unloading the wallet on something like this.

Yeh, you could say that. Btw, census shows... 1 copy in 9.6 (I'd like to see that one) and 1 in 9.4..There are, however, a whopping 6 copies in 9.2 and 5 copies in 9.0. Not to mention it's a very early squarebound.

Brian

It's also a pretty major key, this pre-dates one of the first couple ASM's and is impossible to find. Whether a speculator or investor buys it, who knows, but it's a solid book either way.

Brian

Sorry Vince, but you're off your rocker on this one. Silver Marvels don't come much tougher than this one, and the fact that this is a 9.4 w/WHITE pages is incredible. And it's a key.

The only thing that may inhibit some bidding is this guy's low feedback. But it looks legit, and will sell. Not only that, but I'd bet that it will climb higher. Most bidding will take place at the last minute, assumming that the potential bidders end up getting the cert# and whatever else they need to be comfortable bidding. If this was on comiclink, I guarantee it would have a $6000 price tag on it.

And by checking his feedback, he's sold to comiclink in the past, so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be legit.

If it was earlier in the year, I'd say this book could hit 6k..but I think now it'll most likely end at like 4,250 or so. I have yet to have found any record of anything above a 9.2, have you? Well..nevermind..I forgot the census is 1/1/6 tongue.gif

Brian

Strange Tales Annual #2 is listed in the Green River Collection listing twice.. once as Fine and once as Very Fine (probably NM given the undergrading.)

That date stamp looks similar to the ones in my collection too. (And the White page quality is also similar.)

I'd probably say that there's a good chance that is a Green River book although it's not listed by CGC as such.

Green River Collection

It's a slight possibility but as I said to the guy asking about if his book is a MH..if it's that easily identifiable than CGC would be pretty hard pressed to miss that. I believe there's some other ways to test if it's a G.R. that they've come up with. I won't completely say it's not, but I'd say it's probable that it's not.

Brian

I actually think that is a good price - I believe I paid around $700 for an 8.5 and that book is legitimately hard to find in high grade. Very, very early Spidey - and rare Kirby art on Spidey. Will be surprised if it does not sell - my good friend ultimatenully is itchin for it!

Silver Marvels don't come much tougher than this one, and the fact that this is a 9.4 w/WHITE pages is incredible. And it's a key.

Its a great looking book, and a tough one to find. The price is is too high though IMHO. I realise its an early Spidey app, but AK what makes you say the book is a key?

I have not come across any collectors that consider this book a key.