• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #16 CGC 9.6 Anyone???

14 posts in this topic

It would be nice to see a picture.

Either way, that's too much for a 9.6.

It'll probably come. Josh will have the seller provide a scan, if possible, when people start asking about it. I'll be interested to see how it looks. The price is pretty bad though, some wishful thinking by the seller perhaps? Kinda like 15k for a 9.6 of ASM 9. tongue.gif

Brian

I've only seen 2;

Here's the one Murph was talking about. A reasonable price:

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/auctions/closedviewlot.asp?s=805&l=5742&SID=ECD71576B11A4495B606D35BE7B92B89

And here's one in the summer of 2002. When I first saw how this ended, I laughed my arse off in disbelief. I'm still in shock, but probably not as bad as the buyer is. flamed.gif

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/auctions/closedviewlot.asp?s=803&l=6305&SID=ECD71576B11A4495B606D35BE7B92B89

And here's one in the summer of 2002. When I first saw how this ended, I laughed my arse off in disbelief. I'm still in shock, but probably not as bad as the buyer is.

There are two possible explanations for why someone would pay that kind of money for that book:

1). They are primarily a collector and they don't give a rats how much money they have to spend to get a book they've always wanted.

2). They are a speculator who thinks the age old adage "Buy low and Sell high" only applies to the stock market.

It would be nice to see a picture.

Either way, that's too much for a 9.6.

Andrew......comgeek sold his other one about 6 months ago for far more than 9500. I think there is an issue here with market prices being assessed by us by looking at recent sales on ebay. The really decent books get sold privately and to be honest when we get into the realms of 9.6 for these SA beauties there is (and should not be) no benchmark. Supply and demand.

Supply and deamand..well supply is not that higher and demand is intense! so 9500.00 is a good fair price for a 9.6 ASM 16,although i would not buy it cause I have other books i'm looking for,intsead of an ASM 16 in 9.6 Kevin

Andrew......comgeek sold his other one about 6 months ago for far more than 9500. I think there is an issue here with market prices being assessed by us by looking at recent sales on ebay. The really decent books get sold privately and to be honest when we get into the realms of 9.6 for these SA beauties there is (and should not be) no benchmark. Supply and demand.

You're right. For some reason, $9500 struck me as high at first, but I was probably jumping the gun a little.

If a 9.4 goes for $3500 then $9500 for a 9.6 is about right? What color is the sky in your world? Funny how opinions change when we find out who owns the book. Sounds like a bunch of suck ups. If I had time I could go back thru the Heritage auctions and find all those early issue high grade spideys heritage sold for that poor fool that bought them at insane prices - like this Spidey 16 - and later sold them for roughly half what he had paid. He probably netted about a 40% return once Heritage took their cut. How much will it be worth when a couple more 9.6s turn up since most of you seem to base these prices on the highly inaccurate and misleading cgc census? For instance the price on Spidey 15 9.4 continues to slide as more copies in that grade surface.

Funny how opinions change when we find out who owns the book.

No, opinions change when more information is presented. I had not known about his previous 9.6 sale, and I was also PM'd by 2 different people with some private sale stats I was not previously aware of. Only recenty have I started to realize that there's a lot more going on with high end sales than you can track through online auctions. Sure, that guy at Christmas lost his shirt. But he also cashed out a year or maybe less after aquiring these books. Not to mention the fact that he picked a really bad time of year to flood the market with high grades.