• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling SS books

29 posts in this topic

• Administrator

What do you guys think?

For now, I'm inclined to help build traffic on this board by allow SS book selling posts here and thus make it a more attractive one-stop resource for SS. This would change if/when the posting volume becomes too high for that approach. But I'm open to feedback. Thoughts?

Arch,

If we list them here...are we not allowed to list them in the WTB forum?

I personally like having the books for sale in the SS forum, as it does build up traffic, but it would worry me as a seller to not have people see what I or someone else has for sale?

Arch,

I personally like having the books for sale in the SS forum, as it does build up traffic, but it would worry me as a seller to not have people see what I or someone else has for sale?

Well it looks like I am in the minority on this one. I would like all threads with stuff for sale to be in the marketplace. I do not like the spamming of the boards that happens when it is listed in multiple places. I quoted Jon because he said he was worried about losing potential buyers. I got my first SS book from Alex in one of his marketplace threads. I doubt I would be collecting them now if all the items would have been posted here.

Arch,

Well it looks like I am in the minority on this one. I would like all threads with stuff for sale to be in the marketplace. I do not like the spamming of the boards that happens when it is listed in multiple places. I quoted Jon because he said he was worried about losing potential buyers. I got my first SS book from Alex in one of his marketplace threads. I doubt I would be collecting them now if all the items would have been posted here.

I suppose if it gets out of hand, we could move it to the marketplace at a later date.

You cant buy them anyway. Everytime you get $10 saved up, you buy something off here and spend half of it on shipping. I have told you before that you should save up for something good.

grin.gif

We'll see, we'll see.

And the only person i've ever bought from that only shipped one book to me because of my limited budget was from SWB.

Every other person has either given in freebies, or else I had bought more then one. Sooo