• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 227

19 posts in this topic

Ok, last request for a while, then I go back to offering my thoughts on other people's books. Same situation as with the Detective 400 - I'm wondering what the grade is and how the dust shadow affects the overall grade.

Front:

batman227front.jpg

Back:

batman227back.jpg

Without the dust shadow I'd say VERY FINE/NEAR MINT (9.0). With the dust shadow being on the back cover, it shouldn't drop that much. But to be honest, I don't know. It's still a pretty copy. I'd buy it for my private collection. If you plan on CGCing or reselling, don't.

9.0/9.2. Killer copy with perfect centering to boot. As DK said, if you are thinking about selling it, don't.

yeahok.gif

Damn, you changed it.

grin.gif

Just remember. I want your undercopy when you upgrade next.

9.0/9.2. Killer copy with perfect centering to boot. As DK said, if you are thinking about selling it, don't.

yeahok.gif

Damn, you changed it.

grin.gif

Just remember. I want your undercopy when you upgrade next.

I remember. thumbsup2.gif I am always looking for them on eBay too. I will PM you any links to 227s that I decide not to bid on.

Sorry, not for sale. If anything, I would slab it for preservation purposes then buy a beater to read. I've had this book for over 20 years.

I'm a bit ticked that two of my nicest bronze Batmans, this and the Tec 400 have dust shadows. I don't think many of my other Batmans have them.

I wonder if those two came from the same collection way back when?

I would say 9.2. The dust shadow reallt doesn't bother me that much on the back like this. I don't really know how CGC would downgrade the book for that, but still shouldn't fall any lower than a 9.0 even with that IMO.