• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sagii said:

(worship) (worship) (worship)

There was one that came to auction on CC just before the Berk auction and i passed because I was saving for the Berk books. Was about a 5.0 I belive hammered just a little above 3k if I recall correctly 

Interesting! GPA's only sale is a 5.0 for $5751 in October 2019... I wonder if it was the same copy.

And yeah, I hear you, sigh. Regrets, we've all got a few.

2 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Interesting! GPA's only sale is a 5.0 for $5751 in October 2019... I wonder if it was the same copy.

And yeah, I hear you, sigh. Regrets, we've all got a few.

I found it. Berk auction was in 2017, right? Wow, lol, can't belive I'm not sure 😅

Is it the same copy as the one you're referring to?

Screenshot_20210709-184213_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 hours ago, sagii said:

(worship) (worship) (worship)

There was one that came to auction on CC just before the Berk auction and i passed because I was saving for the Berk books. Was about a 5.0 I belive hammered just a little above 3k if I recall correctly 

one of my Top 3 all time comic book 'pass on' regrets 

9 hours ago, sagii said:

I found it. Berk auction was in 2017, right? Wow, lol, can't belive I'm not sure 😅

Is it the same copy as the one you're referring to?

From the CC archives, it looks like there were indeed 2 copies of Fantastic Comics 22 that sold in 2017, with the first one being the CGC 5.0 graded copy already posted that sold for $3,700 on May 2 of 2017.  (thumbsu

The second copy that sold the following month was indeed the Jon Berk Church copy which was graded as a CGC 9.4 and sold for $26,609 on June 13 of 2017 as part of that big big Jon Berk Auction:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/712907

fan2.162a.jpg

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

From the CC archives, it looks like there were indeed 2 copies of Fantastic Comics 22 that sold in 2017, with the first one being the CGC 5.0 graded copy already posted that sold for $3,700 on May 2 of 2017.  (thumbsu

The second copy that sold the following month was indeed the Jon Berk Church copy which was graded as a CGC 9.4 and sold for $26,609 on June 13 of 2017 as part of that big big Jon Berk Auction:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/712907

fan2.162a.jpgrk

Yes, it was after seeing that price that i knew the next time even a 5.0 grade copy came a long it would be at a higher price than the last 5.0. Don't regret my Berk buys, just wished i manned up and scooped that up as well.

What a difference a pedigree (and 9.4 copy ) makes though only a scant month later :whatthe:

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Beautiful! (even though it ain't Lou or Joe, but in fact, George [Tuska] ). So say the pundits anyhow.

I was reading through the early pages of this thread recently. Jon Berk and RareHighGrade both asserted that Tuska was the cover artist for Weird 1.  From page 10 of this thread:

E52F40A7-F6CA-484D-AE90-9B586728CC69.jpeg

3 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Beautiful! (even though it ain't Lou or Joe, but in fact, George [Tuska] ). So say the pundits anyhow.

George all the way along with Dynamic comics 11 not Gus Ricca.I was honored to have met George and so underrated artist imho (thumbsu