• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,172 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, buttock said:

This price is unbelievable.  There have been a lot of crazy prices I've seen over the years, but this may be the most crazy I've ever seen.  

It's the price of a Phantom Lady 17 in that grade.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, buttock said:

This price is unbelievable.  There have been a lot of crazy prices I've seen over the years, but this may be the most crazy I've ever seen.  

It went a bit higher than I expected, but imo, there have been WAY crazier prices than this.  Think about crazy prices people pay for spec books or 9.8s that have tons of copies or modern variants.  This book is tough to find and plenty of Fox and MM collectors interested in owning a copy.  This is 2nd highest graded, out of only 5 blues, who knows when the next one will come to market?  

On 12/2/2022 at 12:51 PM, Robot Man said:

Here is one of only two I have seen in person. The ONLY whole kit. Sadly, not mine but belonged to Steve Geppi at one point. Not sure where it is now. By the way, there is also a Boys Brigade V Club pin. A local guy has one. Not very exciting but if you collect this stuff like I do, it would be on your list. Just think of this. How many comics did this ad run in? How many kids sent in for it? How many got kept...

Stuff like this sure make the comics look down right common. And, if any these premiums were to show up, they would be cheap compared to the comics. 

usjones1.jpeg

usjones2.jpeg

usjones3.jpeg

usjones4.jpeg

Wow, this is awesome!!! And to think, I was over off of Lyndale just a few weeks ago!!!  :whatthe:

On 12/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, mwotka said:

Nice wins Gino and comicnoir!  I sense we were all thinking along the same lines last night, as I too ended up with some Blue Beetle bondage from the same run, along with a later Mystery Men with even more bondage.  I think we have a problem!  Or at least that is what my wife tells me when she sees them...

And thanks for sharing your "beaters" Bob.  I'd be happy with any of those!  

Blue Beetle 11.jpg

Mystery Men 25.jpg

I was an underbidder on this one because I like that rocket launcher thingy she's strapped to. Sorry for bumping it up on ya. 

On 12/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, buttock said:

Well, I'll see your copy of Mystery Men 30 at a piddly $24K and raise you a copy of Ultimate Fallout 4 with it's now almost 200 equivalent CGC 9.8 graded copies for $40,800:  :screwy:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/ultimate-fallout-4-variant-edition-marvel-2011-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7274-91030.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Superhero, Ultimate Fallout #4 Variant Edition (Marvel, 2011) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

On 12/2/2022 at 10:22 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, I'll see your copy of Mystery Men 30 at a piddly $24K and raise you a copy of Ultimate Fallout 4 with it's now almost 200 equivalent CGC 9.8 graded copies for $40,800:  :screwy:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/ultimate-fallout-4-variant-edition-marvel-2011-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7274-91030.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Superhero, Ultimate Fallout #4 Variant Edition (Marvel, 2011) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

Modern variant madness is nothing new.  Vintage material tends to follow logic more.