• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,172 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, adamstrange said:

Such a cool cover yet not discussed much.  I first discovered it via Mr. B's lovely Larson copy.

Just checked my Larson List and besides being a cool cover, it must also be in super nice condition since the Larson Wonderworld 12  was listed by Tricarichi as a NM/M copy.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/6/2022 at 4:39 PM, Point Five said:

Here's my copy. Mad respect to the colorist on this one! Whew.

+1

Some of the early Fox books have appealing color designs that bring out the fine qualities of the cover art.  It was a treat to see the Church runs intact with their full color preservation.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:00 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

The Blue Beetle Patenaude Trifecta is finally complete!! Running with issues 10-12. Took quite some time to find these and they are all low grade but well presenting imo and I never gave up hope of securing them all.

Big congrats to you on completing this short run of yours here.  :applause:

Like you correctly stated in your post here, all 3 of your books certainly presents really nicely relative to their assigned CGC grade.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

On 12/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, lou_fine said:

Big congrats to you on completing this short run of yours here.  :applause:

Like you correctly stated in your post here, all 3 of your books certainly presents really nicely relative to their assigned CGC grade.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

Thank you so very much my friend I greatly appreciate the kind words!! 

On 12/12/2022 at 2:00 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

The Blue Beetle Patenaude Trifecta is finally complete!! Running with issues 10-12. Took quite some time to find these and they are all low grade but well presenting imo and I never gave up hope of securing them all. Couldn’t be happier!! I have had the cover alone to #12 but never did find a coverless. I guess i don’t need it anymore…Into the fireplace it goes haha JK!!! 

815FA8F0-C667-49E3-840A-AB0C80498830.jpeg

8BF40AE7-7D7F-42D4-937D-1BD355B27FCA.jpeg

595E629C-BCB4-4694-A2D1-67D0CDD3D674.jpeg

Congratulations Gino!!! What a great sub-set to have completed!!! I've owned the #12 twice as I recall and maybe the 10 once. That poor gal in the red dress is having a tough time of it. Tough cookie though!!! :sumo:

On 1/4/2023 at 1:35 PM, Robot Man said:

While digging in the Fox boxes, I turned up some obscure crime issues. Dr Wertham hated these so much, he made sure they turned up in SOTI.

The Crimes by Women had a mark on the cover I’d never noticed. Looks like maybe an Ohio copy?

00D38980-E928-4853-A46C-FB38CB290EC1.jpeg

There's a Wood cover you never see.