• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2023 at 8:56 AM, lpsunburst said:

I will probably get this one graded since there are so few of the later issues around. My lowest graded issue is #31 but the copy I have is the only one I ever found for sale and needed it to complete the run.

img136.jpg

and what an outstanding run to complete!!!! That 33 is a toughie!! 

On 1/14/2023 at 11:39 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

@lpsunburst

2.0 with OW-White pager!! If only all 2.0s could look like this i guess!! 

DBC159F9-C4E8-4C5E-AA3E-AE05B5741DF5.jpeg

In the years I've been on the Boards (and that the book has been 'on my radar') your copy and @RareHighGrade 's copy are the only two I have ever seen (posted to share or at auctuon).

On 1/14/2023 at 8:39 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

@lpsunburst

2.0 with OW-White pager!! If only all 2.0s could look like this i guess!! 

DBC159F9-C4E8-4C5E-AA3E-AE05B5741DF5.jpeg

On 1/15/2023 at 6:54 AM, FoggyNelson said:

That Wonderworld 31 looks better than 2.0

Wow, absolutely love books that present so much nicer than their assigned CGC grade from a front cover POV, even though I am sure that there are "hidden" defects that account for the grade.  :luhv:   :takeit:

On 1/16/2023 at 11:42 AM, lou_fine said:

Wow, absolutely love books that present so much nicer than their assigned CGC grade from a front cover POV, even though I am sure that there are "hidden" defects that account for the grade.  :luhv:   :takeit:

agreed!! 

On 1/16/2023 at 1:50 PM, gino2paulus2 said:
On 1/16/2023 at 8:42 AM, lou_fine said:

agreed!! 

Well, with most of these later Fox books, you just have to love them in any condition that you are lucky enough to find them. :luhv:

Especially since unless you have the Church copy, they generally mostly exist in low or at best, mid-grade condition only.  (thumbsu

On 1/19/2023 at 9:25 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Yes, this was my number one target in the Berk auction, and I was grateful that it may have had a low profile in the sea of incredible Church Foxes.

Wonderworld31(2).jpg

I remember going by the Metro offices and seeing this in person during previews. Couldn't take my eyes off of it even though there was some other killer stuff on display as well. 

Stand out book! 

On 1/19/2023 at 9:25 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Yes, this was my number one target in the Berk auction, and I was grateful that it may have had a low profile in the sea of incredible Church Foxes.

Wonderworld31(2).jpg

I think you were aided by a scan that did the best job it could to hide the sparkling qualities of the Church copy.  Congrats! :applause: