• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

We reprinted the story you refer to in RAW Magazine #5 in 1982. That original Stardust tale is from Fantastic #7. It is one of the best of all the Stardust stories and will be featured in the new collection.

Thanks Paul!! I appreciate you solving a seven year old mystery for me at last.

We reprinted the story you refer to in RAW Magazine #5 in 1982. That original Stardust tale is from Fantastic #7. It is one of the best of all the Stardust stories and will be featured in the new collection.

Thanks for the info, Paul. Fantastic #7 is one I've never been able to find. Can't wait to read the story!

I can't resist asking you a question or two about Hanks (which I don't think will spoil any of your book's information). What happened to him after he left the comics field? Since his last published work comes in late 1941 (correct?), I've always assumed that he likely served in WWII. Is that the case?, and if so, did he survive the war?

Great books, Jon! 893applaud-thumb.gif These are terrific, and I'm partial to the later Weirds myself. By all means post more of the later books if you have 'em! I'm sure there's plenty of '41-'42 covers most of us have never seen before.

Jon, great stuff as always. hail.gif I never tire of seeing the books you post.

Always informative & comics you just don't ever see, if rarely!! Thanks!!

Well, its not much after some of the books posted here, but I was happy to track it down...a Mystery Men #9, w/ Rex Dexter cover (just arrived today from Jim Payette). Severe spine roll (which I am tempted to get pressed out), but a nice solid copy. Great art inside! laugh.gif

1289182-mystmen%239POST.jpg

589a90d167d48_1289182-mystmen9POST.jpg.3e983c789099076031775c78fe4fd870.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Beautiful book, Jon. That's an example of a cover I might not notice in the lower grades I collect in...but when you see a fresh copy like that, it really jumps to life. Great colors!

...another Fletcher Hanks "Space Smith" story. Enjoy, all!

Wondrously wacky weird yarn! Very reminiscent of the early Buck Rogers strip? I'll have to look at some of those tonight and look for similarities.