• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,170 posts in this topic

Ryan, this one's going out to you...another Fletcher Hanks "Space Smith" story. Enjoy, all!

Thanks, Point Five!!! What a piece of work that story was... amazing plot (or lack thereof). The more I see of Fletcher Hanks work, the more I am obsessed with it!! It really does resemble the early Wolverton work I love so much, but is like a B movie version of Spacehawk! What it lacks in artistic merit it more than makes for in the charm factor!

I am anxiously awaiting my FANTASTIC #7, which, according to Paul in an earlier post, contains one of the best STARDUST stories... I will be sure to post some photos of that story when i get it.

Great contributions, folks!! Any other great covers lurking around out there? How about some of those great Joe Simon covers?

My favorite comicbook cover of all time....... 1290751-mysmen3larson.jpg

Nice book, But Why your favorite?

Lou Fine is my favorite artist...although a minor character...the image evinces the grace and lyrical quality that Fine brought to the drawn page.....for me it just is mesmerizing.....motion that you can feel although it is static......look at the care to the wrinkling of clothes......it just does it for me....different strokes for different folks.....jon

My favorite comicbook cover of all time....... 1290751-mysmen3larson.jpg

Nice book, But Why your favorite?

Lou Fine is my favorite artist...although a minor character...the image evinces the grace and lyrical quality that Fine brought to the drawn page.....for me it just is mesmerizing.....motion that you can feel although it is static......look at the care to the wrinkling of clothes......it just does it for me....different strokes for different folks.....jon

Works for me, I was just curious. Thanks

Collin