• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission box damage notification

3 posts in this topic

Does CGC notify customers if you receive their submission box damaged? I'm sure you see submission boxes/packages in all kinds of shapes. Does registering increase the odds of safe arrival over basic insuring? Or do you see any difference?

• Administrator

We inspect all packages before opening, if there appears to be significant damage to the exterior of the box, we will image it before proceeding. If there is damage to the books, we will put the order on hold and call the customer to describe the extent of the damage. Usually we see damage as a result of careless packaging and sometimes from mishandling by Fedex, UPS and USPS , so you want to read and follow our guidelines closely. We am not aware of any method of shipping which is more or less damaging to packages.

I can vouch for this 100%. This occurred to me on my last batch, the placed the order on hold until they had a chance to talk to me about the damage, and credited my account for one too damaged to be worth grading. Very above the board on everything.

-Rival