• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gee...nice pricing..

11 posts in this topic

I've only looked at it once and it was enough! However, it good for looking at DC covers, as I doubt anyone will pay his prices for his books! insane.gif

Why? He's only asking 10K for his Batman #171. makepoint.gif

Seeing as how a 9.2 just sold for around $700-$800, I think his pricing structure is a little off.

Why? He's only asking 10K for his Batman #171. makepoint.gif

Seeing as how a 9.2 just sold for around $700-$800, I think his pricing structure is a little off.

Yep...I don't even bother looking at his books at the San Diego con. I don't know why he really shows up, as I don't think he ever sells anything. To illustrate how ridiculous his prices are, he priced a Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 1 CGC 9.4 WP for $1,500 two years ago in San Diego. Hell, gman only wanted around $750 for his copy. Also, I saw a 9.2 at the Mint's table last year for $300. I guess he makes enough $$ from his consignment sales! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My guess would be he goes to showcase his books mostly. He obviously is investing/collecting in some of this stuff, and prices it into the stratosphere because he really dosen't want to sell. You have to admit though, that those aren't books that are easily replaceable, or replaceable at all.. I just think he should keep them in a "gallery" and not bother pricing them, if he really isn't too interested in selling now.

Are any of his books still consigned? Maybe it's not all him, he could have some really nutty consignors?

Brian

I'm sure that he still takes consignment but I'm sure most of the crazy prices are set by him!

Yep...I don't even bother looking at his books at the San Diego con. I don't know why he really shows up, as I don't think he ever sells anything. To illustrate how ridiculous his prices are, he priced a Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 1 CGC 9.4 WP for $1,500 two years ago in San Diego. Hell, gman only wanted around $750 for his copy. Also, I saw a 9.2 at the Mint's table last year for $300. I guess he makes enough $$ from his consignment sales! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Freaking hilarious! Even in your anecdotes you manage to slide a few jabs in. 27_laughing.gif

My guess would be he goes to showcase his books mostly. He obviously is investing/collecting in some of this stuff, and prices it into the stratosphere because he really dosen't want to sell. You have to admit though, that those aren't books that are easily replaceable, or replaceable at all.. I just think he should keep them in a "gallery" and not bother pricing them, if he really isn't too interested in selling now.

True, so true. Perhaps a travelling or internet comic museum would be appropriate. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif