• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st OO book in a long while - TOS 50

24 posts in this topic

a fellow forumite was interested in knowing if i kept a copy of TOS 50. i didn't remember ever sending it off to CGC and therefore likely had never sold it.

upon finding and inspecting it, i'm now puzzled by why i never had it graded. i used to send off books that were typically 8.0 and better in hope of acheiving 9.0+'s.

after closely scrutinizing this one, i can't seem to figure out what i thought was so wrong with it. usually i find that looking at a nice scan, i can see things that i missed with the naked eye, and the tiny imperfections in the black by "SEE: The Mandarin!" are about all i can find...........

grade opinions much appreciated................ thumbsup2.gif

1151229831607_TOS_065.jpg

1150228207433_TOS_066.jpg

Harry, if the interior pages are OK, I can't see why this book would not get at least a 9.0 confused-smiley-013.gif

My grade : Solid 9.0 with a shot at 9.2 thumbsup2.gifhail.gif

Was it JimJum that inquired about that one ? I think he was looking for a nice high-grade copy... That being said, I don't expect you to have a problem selling this one grin.gif

Solid 9.0. The colors are somewhat faded though!!!!

the image is definitely lighter than the actual book. trust me, the colors are pretty awesome, as is the case for most of my 1962 - 1964 marvels............. smile.gif

I don't know. That right edge looks trimmed. You SURE it isn't trimmed? tongue.gif

grin.gif i bought this puppy off-the-rack at Sid's and it is most assuredly not trimmed..............the interior pages do stick out a bit, however.............. frown.gif

the image is definitely lighter than the actual book. trust me, the colors are pretty awesome, as is the case for most of my 1962 - 1964 marvels............. smile.gif

You can say that again!I've got four of those books and a scanner does NOT do them justice.I'm amazed that the Syd's FF 3 is still available.I can only imagine what that one looks like in it's true light.I would definitely slab the TOS 50.It deserves to be.You certainly must have overlooked it during the culling process.Looks like an easy 9.0.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Hey BB, is that stress near and also under the issue number? Something's funky with the coloring.

yes, that'sthe area that i was referencing in my initial description.

it's pretty minor and was almost impossible to detect without the scan..........

a fellow forumite was interested in knowing if i kept a copy of TOS 50. i didn't remember ever sending it off to CGC and therefore likely had never sold it.

upon finding and inspecting it, i'm now puzzled by why i never had it graded. i used to send off books that were typically 8.0 and better in hope of acheiving 9.0+'s.

after closely scrutinizing this one, i can't seem to figure out what i thought was so wrong with it. usually i find that looking at a nice scan, i can see things that i missed with the naked eye, and the tiny imperfections in the black by "SEE: The Mandarin!" are about all i can find...........

grade opinions much appreciated................ thumbsup2.gif

hail.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hey BB, is that stress near and also under the issue number? Something's funky with the coloring.

yes, that'sthe area that i was referencing in my initial description.

it's pretty minor and was almost impossible to detect without the scan..........

almost impossible? but I caught it. devil.gifflowerred.gif

A strong 8.5.