• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing Error - Blank Interior Covers

22 posts in this topic

And one big advantage! No need to have to debate craking it to read it!

Seriously- it is a fascinating error.

A bit of a blow if you bought the book off the newstand though. makepoint.gif

hold on---werent the blank interrior cover Marvels just Canadian issues? I remember some early annuals with this variant, and the seller even mentions them in the description (in passing of course)... Something about the ads for American productes not allowed in Canada, or something like that.

hold on---werent the blank interrior cover Marvels just Canadian issues? I remember some early annuals with this variant, and the seller even mentions them in the description (in passing of course)... Something about the ads for American productes not allowed in Canada, or something like that.

They were on some annual but the exterior was blank also... tongue.gif

PLEASE NOTE...that CGC notates this as an ERROR...not a VARIANT.

An important distinction, but not one that collectors often make.

Check out crazy eBay prices realised for books like Venom #1(early 90's) black cover $200+, and Bloodshot #0 platinum logo $600+. insane.gif

Do they also list the Annuals as errors?

how can it be an error if it was done on purpose by Marvel??

No.....these are Canadian copies undoubtedly. They pop up every so often.....

Jim

I remember seeing some Eastern Color Printing covers in the mid-1980's for sale in comics shop near White Plains NY. The covers were Marvel superhero books from the 1964 - 1966 timeframe, and they all had blank interiors. I believe they were printer's proofs that had been bought up. Could it be that these covers have been "grafted" onto interiors? Remember there was an ASM #5 in 9.0 that got a Qualified grade for blank interiors about 2 years ago in eBay - I think ComicKeys/Hammer/Methuselah/Dupcak/etc was the seller...

I remember seeing some Eastern Color Printing covers in the mid-1980's for sale in comics shop near White Plains NY. The covers were Marvel superhero books from the 1964 - 1966 timeframe, and they all had blank interiors. I believe they were printer's proofs that had been bought up. Could it be that these covers have been "grafted" onto interiors? Remember there was an ASM #5 in 9.0 that got a Qualified grade for blank interiors about 2 years ago in eBay - I think ComicKeys/Hammer/Methuselah/Dupcak/etc was the seller...

I believe I remember seeing an F.F. 19 Qualified NM or NM- on eBay a year or so back that also had a married cover from the same collection. It was a gorgeous book, if you didn't mind the Qualified grade.

I wonder how many people were expecting a Universal grade for these beauties (which they likely paid a premium for) when they submitted them, only to get back as a Green label denoting a married cover? 893frustrated.gif

Do they also list the Annuals as errors? how can it be an error if it was done on purpose by Marvel??
No they don't:
ffannual2_small.jpg

Click for larger image

ffannual2back_small.jpg

Click for larger image

Now anybody care to guess how much I paid for this? I got it about 4 months ago from Storms on ebay.

And one big advantage! No need to have to debate craking it to read it!

POV, the interior COVERS are blank, not the PAGES.

that is my favorite doctor doom cover and hope to get a 9.0-9.4 one day.how much did you pay for it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

$171 including shipping. Not bad considering guide NM is $500...guess people must really hate Canadians. tongue.gif