• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warpath

11 posts in this topic

Everyone is touting this character as the new Wolverine. Does this chump have it? Will his 1st appearance sky rocket?

Honestly I think he is pretty lame.

Thoughts and opinions!

Not really. He is just a replica of Thunderbird, whom many fans thought died too soon. Warpath has never really caught on in the past because he just doesn't have the cool factor.

I am really surprised that out of all the recent New Mutants, Generation X, etc., that a solid character hasn't developed. Although it appears they seem to want to use Cannonball with more frequency than he deserves.

Well, the most interesting part about Warpath was that the Hellfire Club killed his entire tribe. If memory serves, that includes Emma Frost. Warpath became an "X-man" so he could be helped to resolve it. Now that they are on the same "side", that should be a cool story.

One of my biggest beefs is that Xavier (or an X-men leader) ALWAYS got a mutant to join based on helping them with their goals. And yet he never did. The characters should be angry about it but the issue just goes away. X-Force is a prime example. Shatterstar, Warpath, and Feral were all brought to the team to resolve their personal issues (as long as they contributed to the team). But no resolution.

Pat

Well, the most interesting part about Warpath was that the Hellfire Club killed his entire tribe. If memory serves, that includes Emma Frost. Warpath became an "X-man" so he could be helped to resolve it. Now that they are on the same "side", that should be a cool story.

One of my biggest beefs is that Xavier (or an X-men leader) ALWAYS got a mutant to join based on helping them with their goals. And yet he never did. The characters should be angry about it but the issue just goes away. X-Force is a prime example. Shatterstar, Warpath, and Feral were all brought to the team to resolve their personal issues (as long as they contributed to the team). But no resolution.

Pat

Well Shatterstar's personal issue is that he knows he sucks as character...the prof is just offering slight help to move him to the point where he'll end it all.

Heh, you guys crack me up.

He does have potential. But I doubt any writer will fully develop him into something special. I like the fact that his grounded in something more human, such as the killing of his tribe. Just wish they would stop comparing him (or any other character to Wolverine).

I'm just curious of these characters that Wizard picks has the next big hits.

Shatterstar....what a dork.

I don't know why they'd compare him to Wolverine. They are not even close to each other. In terms of powers, he's more of a muscle powerhouse like Colossus or Guido than anyone.

I honestly believe they only popped off Thunderbird so quickly was due to his redundancy of power. They brought both Thunderbird and Colossus in at the same time. But Colossus had more perceived depth with the ability to "shape-shift".

By the way, did anyone realize that Nightcrawler turns invisible when surrounded by darkness (okay, no jokes about the Invisible Boy from Mystery Men). Apparently, they forgot about this ability early on.

Pat

Pat

Prof X got his brother killed

By the way, did anyone realize that Nightcrawler turns invisible when surrounded by darkness (okay, no jokes about the Invisible Boy from Mystery Men). Apparently, they forgot about this ability early on.

Pat

not so much as turning invisible, but rather blending into the shadows. Dont think they ever said it was a power or because of his fur

Pat

Prof X got his brother killed

Didn't ya kill me brother?

I saw ya!

I saw ya!

You bought him a pint of lager and you killed him!

You killed my brother!