• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 Comics: 2 Superman & 1 Showcase

16 posts in this topic

I just received these in a purchase yesterday. I'm wondering what a fair grade would be for these and if I should send them to CGC. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Superman 60 (Sept-Oct 1949, pages OW)

Superman60FRONT.jpg

Superman60BACK.jpg

Superman 53 (July-Aug 1948, pages OW)

Superman53FRONT.jpg

Superman53BACK.jpg

Showcase #36 (Jan-Feb 1962, Coverless, pages W-OW)

Showcase34FRONT.jpg

Showcase34BACK.jpg

Thanx!

Superman #60 VG- 3.5 I think the back corner can fold back. Lots and lots of writing. Sub-crease. Stain on back cover

Superman #53 VG+ 4.5 Lots going on on the back cover light sub crease. Tear bottom staple front cover.

Showcase #36 FA 1.0

Probably don't want to send in the Showcase #36. Don't know about the Superman's.

Dan

Superman #60 VG- 3.5 I think the back corner can fold back. Lots and lots of writing. Sub-crease. Stain on back cover

Superman #53 VG+ 4.5 Lots going on on the back cover light sub crease. Tear bottom staple front cover.

Showcase #36 FA 1.0

Probably don't want to send in the Showcase #36. Don't know about the Superman's.

Dan

The Showcase is an automatic .5 poor without the cover.

The Superman #53 also appears to have detached at the bottom staple. Still looks nice tho.

I don't think the Supermans are early enough or high-grade enough to justify slabbing, but obviously your call...