• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Does Heritage Have Such Poor E-Bay Feedback???

24 posts in this topic

I've never bought anything from Heritage, I like their catalog as it was very well done, but I just thought about bidding on that Avengers #1 9.4, but saw they have an E-Bay feedback profile that I'm running away from! Also, I guess they have a different format for their auctions on e-bay. I cannot view their other auctions without signing up somewhere. tongue.gif

Check it out:

427 total feedbacks

8 Neutrals

16 Negatives! confused.gif

Many of these negatives & neutrals are recent, and appear related to the either poor service & reps, or super-slow service.

Anyone bought any expensive comics from them & had good service??

I bought a $4000 comic and a $500 from them (two seperate transactions). The first time the eBay rep was out of town and so I didn't hear back for a couple of days. But they got the book out fast. Faster than I thought they would because I sent a check and they said it would take 10 days to clear, but they got the book to me in a week.

The other one ($500) went really well.

Both times I left positive feedback as soon as I got the books. But they have yet to leave feedback for me. I wonder if they are going to?

Maybe the negatives were all supposed to be positives!!!! "NewUser" so cleverly postulated a theorey in another thread that most or 98% of my positives were supposed to be negatives (why my feedback is private, to HIDE all those errors committed by careless Ebayers) and everyone who left me 650+ positives againt 1 negative feedback just made a mass hypnotically induced mistake. Gorgo, ever make a mistake like that? Accidentally post someone a NEGATIVE when you meant to leave positive feedback, or accidently post someone a POSITIVE when you meant to leave negative feedback?

don't go through ebay, by the way. Up until this thread I had no clue about their ebay feedback. Just become a member of heritage and deal with their auctions that way. you pay 5% less buyer's permium and the presentation is better (and the monthly auctions aren't even availabel through ebay, are they?) The only thing I use the ebay interface to heritage for is the "live auction" software, so I can track lots I've bid on through heritagecomics.com.

also, that 400 transaction feedback ratio tells about... 1% of the story with heritage. I mean, the current auction has 4000 lots alone so you can see how ebay isn't really their focus.

Good post Meth, I can't possibly imagine anyone accidently leaving a positive when they intended otherwise & vice-versa, it's not humanly possible (unless the buyer/seller is a complete nitwit).

It is really puzzling to me why some folks here are so hellbent on going after you & your private FB. I don't get it. I would definitely make my FB private if I were to deal in these "non-census, non-cgc" high quality early silver material you're selling. If books aren't clamshelled by CGC, does that mean there not worth buying? What I find very interesting is how I recently asked someone at CGC about recommended sellers on the east coast (I'm on the west coast), and out of the blue the rep immediately mentioned your 'Comic-Keys" books as being restored, and how you were actually Danny Duckeck or something like that. That blew me away, since I've never really heard much about you, and I began having reservations on who's really leading the charge here with all these posts against you. This notion of how a seller is "insane" enough to want to sell an unslabbed ASM 1 or TTA 36 or JIM 83 is suspect to me. If I were in the slabbing business (not traffic engineering) I'd probably want to force out any potential competitors (selling high grade non-slabbed) any way possible. laugh.gif

This mindset of "you know exactly what you're buying" used to ring true to me on books I had graded with few exceptions, until the day when I started buying others (full fledged big Charter-Member dealers) high grade slabbed books, and I realized quickly that I actually "don't know what I'm getting," and I have begun to sell off many of these overgrades that I (in all honesty) can't keep in my hard earned collection. My grades are so awful these days (the last 60 early silver books), that I've opted to only buy some CGC's I'm looking for and leave the rest of mine in their boxes. laugh.gif

out of the blue the rep immediately mentioned your 'Comic-Keys" books as being restored, and how you were actually Danny Duckeck or something like that. That blew me away,

Gorgo, did you challenge the rep on this comment? I'd think that if that person was making that comment while serving as a CGC rep, he/she would want to be able to back it up. Do they have any insight that we don't? Are they aware of books they,ve graded that have originated from CK?

I don't think that anyone addicted to crack cocaine is buying $1000 and up books, let alone $5000 and up items. They're SELLING big screen TVs and themselves for a penny on the dollar to desperately support their debilitating habit, rich or poor.

It appears they are, or they know who's buying comic-keys books. This is my reason for being suspicious. Makes sense when you factor in the intensity of the assault on CK. Don't really care, but I always try & be an objective thinker, and generally don't believe most rumors/things I hear. Part of my job I guess. smile.gif

Meth said "NewUser" so cleverly postulated a theorey (sic) in another thread that most or 98% of my positives were supposed to be negatives"

Absolutely incorrect. Show me where I said that. What I said is "Any positive feedback you have that says "sent restored books" is a negative in my book." I would never estimate that 98% of your FB was "supposed to be" negative. That's just retarded. Where'd you get that ridiculous idea/percentage?

Gorgo said "I can't possibly imagine anyone accidently leaving a positive when they intended otherwise & vice-versa, it's not humanly possible (unless the buyer/seller is a complete nitwit)."

Well then, you're calling Darthdiesel a nitwit? He said in the "Statistics" thread that he's accidentally done it: "I have absentmindedly left someone a positive feedback while meaning to leave a negative, and in the text (I'm) totally "negging" them. All because I forgot to check the negative circle".

Check out "stckwzrd1@aol.com" 's feedback, he's got a neutral that says "NEG" right in the FB (???). And it is easy to accidentally leave a positive, it's just one wrong click to the left. It's hard to accidentally leave a negative because you get a warning screen before submitting the neg. But there is no such screen for positives, so they slide right through.

Are you guys really this dense? This stuff happens all the time! You guys are just playing with me, aren't you? Just pretending, to get me going? Ahhh, I get it. lol, ok, you guys got me.... ya got me. Good one smile.gif

OK, there's 661 positives and 1 negative. How many do you feel, of the positives, were supposed to be negatives? What proportion? What was YOUR personal experience in trading with me? Negative or positive?

You know what you need to do? Turn off the Private feedback, load up the page quick and take a few screenshots of the feedback. Then turn private back on, and crop the IDs out as you see fit (leaving yours in naturally).

Then post a nice selection of comment images on here and I suspect most would just shut up.

Very good idea, CI. Better than my "copy and paste" idea from the "Statistics" thread, but along the same lines (wish I had thought of it smile.gif ). But Meth claims he doesn't even know how to copy and paste, how's he going to get a few screenshots? And if he wasn't willing to spend the 10 minutes to do the copy and paste, I wouldn't expect him to do this frown.gif

Sure would clear things up a bit though, eh?

Wait, I just figured it out. Meth could turn off the Private, print out the feedback pages, scan them in, and then use Photoshop to edit the names. He obviously knows how to use Photoshop, upload pictures, and he's very proud of his scanning skills. There we go!