• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Review: Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #29

14 posts in this topic

I've done this with golden age books, and decided I'd like to try it with a silver age this time. Yes, it's long, but there are lots of pictures. I hope you enjoy it!

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #29: "THE IRRESISTIBLE LOIS LANE"

LL29coversmall.jpg

Despite the fact that I've been selling off my books for a long time, there's one Silver Age book I just couldn't part with. On the surface, it might seem a puzzling choice: Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #29. Not Action 29, which is the first cover appearance of Lois Lane. Way out of my league. Nope, just her regular silver age series, LL29. Why that book? Well, for starters, I looked for it a long time. It was always priced higher than I was willing to pay (my budget was $5 or less -- I'm a big spender), yet I wanted a copy desperately. Finally, while browsing books at the San Diego Comic Con, there it was. I asked the dealer the price and almost fell over when he said "$2.00". I had my wallet out so fast it broke the sound barrier.

I couldn't wait to read this baby, but had to hold off because there were more books to buy, more discussions of the appeal of Go-Go checks to have, and more really bad convention food to choke down. I carted my books back to the room I was sharing with 3 other women, then went out for dinner and con-related hijinks. After a night of partying, my roommates wanted to go to the bar. I don’t drink, and was tired, so I bowed out. But instead of falling asleep, I knew I had to read that LL29. It was calling to me. And now, you'll know why.

The cover story is placed third in the book, and I didn't even glance at the other two stories on my first reading. I knew where the heart of 29 was. I wanted to read "The Irresistible Lois Lane!"

Oh man, right there on the splash panel Lois is kissing Batman in front of a gulping Lana Lang. Lana's thought bubble shows Lois kissing Green Arrow and Aquaman (Lana is very visual. She thinks in pictures). And if you look closely, there's even a guy filming all this kissing -- though his shot might be blocked by Lana's thoughts.

Ll29panel01.jpg

"Dangit, Lana, all I can see is the back of your thoughts! You naughty wench."

How did all this kissing happen? And where is Superman? Lois never dreams about kissing other superheroes, just the Big S. Oooh, this is so intriguing, I simply must read on.

It begins at the Daily Planet, with Lois getting a bouquet of flowers from a secret admirer. For some reason, she is quite upset by this. She says things like "er", stutters, and speaks in ellipses. Always a sign that something is not quite right. Yet they look like ordinary flowers. Er... hmmm... w-what's wrong, I'm wondering.

Ll29panel02.jpg

I think someone buried an

upside-down elf in those flowers.

All you can see are his little

pointy shoes.

Suddenly, an office worker calls out to Lois. A crowd is gathering at the window and the woman explains that "Krypto, Superman's dog, is writing something in the sky with a smoke flare!" Obviously, this has great meaning for Lois because she's instantly on the case. Krypto, it turns out, has written a giant "L" in the sky.

Time out for a minute, as we contemplate this. First, a little lesson in skywriting. Skywriting is done between 8,800 and 10,000 feet. Making sure that all the letters are at the same altitude, the pilot pumps the "smoke" (clear, liquid paraffin wax) into his plane's exhaust system. Smoke pours out the exhaust pipes in the front and rear of the plane. The letters are usually a quarter-mile tall, and the lines of smoke are 75 feet wide.

Let's pretend our skywriting pilot is drawing an "L". First, he has to draw his letters backward, so that people on the ground can read them. He would begin by drawing the upright of the L, counting aloud to around 16. That's how he knows when to turn off the smoke. The line he's made expands while he banks, turns, and circles around to lay down the lower leg of the L.

So how does Krypto manage this with a burning torch? There's no on/off switch on a torch, so Krypto would have to hover around 10,000 feet above Metropolis, light his torch (this is a talented dog!) then fly his 75 feet to make the upright of the 'L'. Since Krypto is a dog and not an airplane, we'll assume he can turn on a dime and get a perfectly perpendicular lower leg of the L without having to extinguish his torch.

Ll29panel03.jpg

Either Krypto has gotten huge,

or that 'L' isn't a quarter mile

tall and 75' wide.

But wait -- now he's done! He can't just keep flying with a lit torch! Quickly, he has to blow it out -- which is tougher than it sounds since he's holding it in his mouth. Maybe he wags his tail real fast and that works.

Fantastic! Krypto has done his job. And everyone on the ground says, "Look! It's a boomerang!" "No, no, it's a right angle." "I think it's a V." Right? Nope, they all know instantly that it's a single, giant 'L' in the sky.

Ll29panel04.jpg

The giant boomerang, er, 'L'.

"Can you understand it, Lois? Why did Krypto write just one letter 'L' -- then fly away?" Cagey Lois notes that it's strange, but doesn't elaborate on any L-theories. (Personally, I'm too busy wondering how they knew it was Krypto up there at 10,000 feet to worry about the big L, so I also remain silent and keep reading.)

Perry White calls Lois over and notes that Superman has been away, Clark Kent is on vacation (what are the odds?), and it's been really slow news because of it. He wants something good from Lois.

Our intrepid girl reporter immediately comes up with a socko plan. "Well, I've been flirting with an idea for a feature! 'Heroes I've Kissed' -- By Lois Lane! You know... the different heroes I've kissed, not counting Superman." (Uh huh. That'll end that news slump. The world loves a good kissing story on page 1. And despite the hardship of having to go out and kiss a bunch of heroes, Lois is bucking up with a smile. You slut, Lois!)

So how does one go about getting a scoop of this magnitude? And what on earth was that Krypto skywriting thing? And is she just going to ignore that worrisome secret admirer? And for crying out loud -- WHAT IS SHE GOING TO WEAR??

Phew! She found some man-bait in her closet.

Ll29panel05.jpg

Man-bait, n., 1. Something

used in luring, especially to hook or

trap an adult male. 2. A dress that

hugs the curves. 3. A dress so drenched

in perfume, it can raise Superman's

temperature. Etymology: "Man" Middle

English, from Old English man, mon

human being, male human; akin to Old

High German man human being, Sanskrit

manu. "Bait" Middle English, from

Old Norse beit pasturage & beita food;

akin to Old English bItan to bite

She puts on her orange man-bait dress, and checks her look in the mirror. "My hair looks attractive, my make-up is right for a change, and my lips look inviting! All I need now is the man... or rather the men!" (Slut)

Ll29panel06.jpg

If there are minors reading

this, please avert your eyes from

the man-bait dress, for it may be

too much for you to handle.

Lois obviously knows how to turn on the pheromones in that man-bait dress of hers because every man on the street is head-swiveling, whistling, and coming on to her. Lois has a superpower! With the simple donning of a dress, she becomes irresistible to the opposite sex! Surely she'll have no problems attracting Green Arrow's attention in a stadium full of people!

Ll29panel07.jpg

How long do you think Lois walked

around in that dress to make sure it

was as man-baitly as the saleslady had

promised?

Green Arrow is putting on an archery exhibition at Metropolis stadium. (I swear, that's all that's on TV nowadays -- archery, archery, archery! ESPN, find another sport!) He asks the crowd of thousands for a volunteer to help him and low and behold, Miss Thang is right there giving a shout-out. Naturally, he chooses her. (After all, he is male, and she is "The Irresistible Lois Lane!")

Ll29panel08.jpg

"I sure hope I can get his arrows

to quiver!"

Ollie (GA and I are on a first name basis) asks her to toss four aces into the air. (The perfect trick in a gigantic stadium before the days of the Jumbotron. I'm certain everyone in the upper deck can see those playing cards. Yup, a sure crowd-pleaser.) For some unknown reason, Lois sings her assent.

Ll29panel09.jpg

Catchy tune, huh?

She tosses the cards up, Ollie twwanngs his bow and with 4 perfect 'PWWTs', his arrow spears all four aces right through the center. But oh! Lois's necklace has broken from the excitement of this trick! (I'm not sure how her necklace exploded because the arrow was nowhere near it. For now, let's just assume it was booby-trapped.) Her perfectly matched pearls will be lost! No problem, GA has a Vacuum Arrow!

Ll29panel10.jpg

Green Arrow has trick arrows, Lois has trick pearls.

They're made for each other.

GA's VA hovers over Lois using a helicopter rotor device and vacuums up her pearls. You heard me. I'm sure it's one of his favorite arrows -- after all, that's a lot of mechanics and balancing and stuff to get a helicopter rotor and a powerful vacuum on an arrow, so with all that work, it has to be extremely useful to Ollie. Constantly. Bet he uses it to clean up the Arrow Car, and do the carpets at home, and it's probably vacuumed up any number of crime scenes. Crooks would run screaming if they saw that helicopter vacuum arrow a'coming at'em. Wouldn’t you?

Well, Lois sure is impressed! "You wonderful man! I could hug the daylights out of you!" she says. But hugging isn't good enough for The Irresistible Lois Lane. Oh no! She godda kiss da boy!

But what's this? Someone in the crowd appears shocked at the liplock on the field. "Good Grief! She's kissing him!" (I'm guessing it's Charlie Brown.) Lana Lang is covering the event and is appalled at this sudden amorous turn of events. Lana's cameraman says, "Holy cats! Now he's kissing her! He must like it!" (Ya think? Why would a guy want to kiss a beautiful woman wearing a man-bait dress with sudden superpowers that make her irresistible? It makes less sense than Krypto's skywriting!) Lana is incensed. "Something's crazy here! Heroes like Green Arrow don't act like that in public! (Shocking! Shocking I tell you! This news is worth more than the front page! I'm thinking "Extree, extree, read all about it!" special editions and stuff!)

Ll29panel11.jpg

"Hey, Mikey! I think he likes it!"

"A minute later..." (oookay, they just kissed in front of an entire stadium full of people for a full minute. 60 seconds. During the code years of Hollywood, screen kisses were only allowed to last for 3 seconds, tops. Any longer and the censor came down with his giant scissors. Yet this was 60 full seconds of kissing. Scandalous!!! Lois really is a slut!)

"A minute later..." Green Arrow says, "Gosh, Miss Lane! That was terrific! May I kiss you again?" (Holy Face Sucking, Batman -- he wants more? Well, if that isn't the limit!) Lana says, "Well, if that isn't the limit!" (I hear ya, Lana!)

Ll29panel12.jpg

Arrow's going to have to restring his bow after that display.

Lana asks if Lois's scheme is to make Superman jealous, but Lois isn't falling for it. "Oh, were you watching, Lana?" she says nonchalantly while re-applying her lipstick. Green Arrow discretely wipes off the lip imprints covering his face. After calling the display "disgusting", Lana is distracted by the speakers on her news van. Apparently an excursion boat in Metropolis harbor has caught fire! Lois doesn't appear to care until the announcer mentions that Aquaman is there.

"Gosh, Lana, I must cover that disaster! Aquaman will be there in person! Please give me a lift!" Despite the obvious hussy-ness of Lois's sudden interest in the story, Lana agrees to give her a ride.

Lana is worried about the passengers, but Lois has faith in the sea king. "He communicates with his sea creatures through fish telepathy!" she says. And there's Aquaman now -- standing on the back of a whale, directing a plethora of big fishies.

Ll29panel13.jpg

Dang, it's lucky for Aquaman

that fish think in English!

The rescue is Aquariffic! Octopi help people off the boat, while other passengers climb down ladders made of eels and swordfish.

Ll29panel14.jpg

Isn't that eel ladder a wee bit slippery?

So what happens once they're in the water? "...the dolphins, tarpins and sharks [are] waiting to transport you to the shore." (Sharks? SHARKS?? Oh gee, thanks, Aquaman! I'm so glad you're here, otherwise that octopus wouldn't have just handed me to a shark!) But Arthur (again, first name basis) has ordered his toothy helpers not to dine on anyone, so all's well. However, the guy riding the shark looks a tad nervous.

Ll29panel15.jpg

"You had to send sharks?

You couldn't have just sent

a couple of tuna?

Naturally, when all is well, Aquaman comes to shore and is accosted by Lois. "That cheap thing is at it again!" thinks Lana. "But she won't get anywhere with Aquaman! Heroes like him don't like to be rushed by girls!" (So... is she trying to say that Aquaman is gay? And if so, does she know about Batman and Robin or are those still rumors? Personally, I always thought Elongated Man had a certain "quality" -- and that Sue Dibney is a beard.)

Lana's cameraman is either a Canadian mind-reader, or he glanced at her thought balloon, because he says, "'Doesn’t like it", eh?' Listen to Aquaman!" Arty has turned off his fish telepathy, because he's begging for more like the randy he-man he is (so much for Lana's theory!), and he ain't kissing a flounder! The Irresistible Lois Lane is planting lipstick all over his big, blond head!

Ll29panel16.jpg

"Aim for the lips, Lois, the lips!"

Lana is jealous, Lois redoes her lipstick and Aquaman rides off on a whale -- just like so many dates end in high school. And again, Lois begs a ride because Batman is in town and she wants more lovin'! "Really, Lois, you've got more crust than a pie!" Lana opines. (Although I like the sound of that hep talk, I'm not sure what crustiness has to do with kissing. Sounds a little... gross. Besides, aren't crusty people either curmudgeons or scan stealers? Something to ponder).

Lois and Lana arrive at midtown in time to see Batman climbing a theatre marquee. (I wonder what major criminal event brought Batman from Gotham City to Metropolis? Hmm, can't wait to find out). While Batman thinks about moving "fast and quietly", Lois shouts out, "Look! There's Batman now! Climbing onto that movie marques!" (Rather than kiss Lois, I'm thinking Batman might slug her for shouting out his entire plan so that whomever he's chasing will hear. I mean, c'mon, Lois! He's a stealthy crimefighter! Don't narrate his moves!)

Ll29panel17.jpg

The crooks didn't notice the

crowd, the TV van or Batman.

They deserve to be caught.

He spots some thugs trying to break into the theatre manager's office. Thinking fast, he unscrews some lightbulbs from the marques and tosses them onto the ground to simulate gunfire. The crooks give up instantly. (Criminals are a cowardly lot, y'see). Thank goodness there was no need to fight, or insert any superhero action into the scene. It might've distracted us from all the kissing.

Ll29panel18.jpg

"We were just going to steal some

Raisonettes, Batman, we promise!"

Lois is there to greet Bruce (we're tight) with a big hug. Lana is there to fume out a thought balloon. And Lana's camerman is there for the inevitable play-by-play. "He's kissing Lois Lane! He can't tear his lips away!" (thanks, camerman. I never would've gotten that from the drawing of the two of them kissing, unable to tear their lips away).

Ll29panel19.jpg

Do you suppose word got out

that Lois was on a kissing jag

and that's why Metropolis is

suddenly filled with superheroes?

"Later, outside Metropolis..." things start to heat up as Green Arrow and Aquaman join Batman on a cliff top. (Aquaman gets squirted up there by a whale spout and Ga catapults himself out of his Arrow Car. Batman flew there in a plane. I'm thinking this is not your basic tourist cliff.) The three JLA members are obviously up to something.

Ll29panel20.jpg

Batman likes to think about the obvious.

The plot thickens when Batman collects lipstick-smeared handkerchiefs from the other two, adding it to his own. Lipstick-smeared handkerchiefs from 3 heroes via Lois's lips -- what does it all mean? Whatever the answer, Bats hops in his Batplane and heads to the North Pole (is Santa in on this, too?)

Ll29panel21.jpg

"Tomorrow I'm taking old socks to the Himalayas!"

Near the fortress of solitude, Batman finds a stricken Superman, who is surrounded by green kryptonite and dancing aliens. He ties the three handkerchiefs to a bat-a-rang and tosses it to Supes. (Obviously, Superman has the sniffles from being in the arctic, but couldn't Batman find a fresh hankie or some Kleenex?)

"Gasp! Those lipstick stains! I-I must smear my face with them!" thinks Superman. (I believe this is approximately when security was called on my roomies and I.) He does so and instantly shakes off the effects of the green K. He gets rid of the aliens and offers to fly Batman's plane back to Metropolis (I guess Batman was probably low on fuel after that long flight). And finally, we get the first hint of what was going on when Batman says, "Swell! As you see, Plan 'L' worked perfectly, thanks to Lois Lane! She was really ingenious!"

Ll29panel22.jpg

"Batman, quick! Send me Glamorous Garnet lipstick smears instead!

This Crimson Sunset is clashing with my 'S'!"

Plan L. Ah, but of course! Why didn't I see it? As SA Superman aficionados know, the 'Plan' series were some of the craziest, silliest, more entertaining stories ever. The letters column of Lois Lane #31 (February 1962) said there would be similar stories about Plan J, with Jimmy Olsen, Plan P, with Perry White, Plan V, with Superman's Kandorian cousin Van-Zee, and Plan PR, with Pete Ross. Both Plan J (written by Jerry Siegel) and Plan P (written by Robert Bernstein) eventually appeared (plan P is in Action 295, and I can't remember which issue had Plan J), but Plan V and Plan PR were never written. Personally, I think it's nearly impossible to top Plan L.

And now, the convoluted explanation of everything that just happened. Ready? Here we go:

As all the players gather, Superman begins. "When I found myself in the Green Kryptonite death trap near my Fortress of Solitude, which... luckily, the aliens didn't spot... I used super-ventriloquism to Krypto to put plan 'L' into execution! That's why Krypto wrote the 'L' in the sky -- to alert Lois that I needed her help!"

Superman then mentioned Plan J and Plan P, but Lois points that "...Plan 'L' is to be carried out by me only when you're in dire peril from green kryptonite near the Fortress of Solitude." (Wow, that's really specific! Superman was really thinking when he came up with these Plan things).

Ll29panel23.jpg

The importance of planning ahead.

Lois continues, "The idea was to rush to you some grains of red kryptonite I always carry in a lead capsule in my purse! Red kryptonite always has a different, unpredictable effect on you! But this particular type acts as an instant cure for green kryptonite! We know because it once saved Krypto from kryptonite poisoning! Therefore, these crystals could also be used to save you once... and once only... as an antidote for green kryptonite! However, I sensed trouble this morning when I received a mysterious vase of flowers!" (She sure uses a lot of exclamation points)

Apparently, there was a crystal eye on the bottom of the vase, and Lois instantly concluded that Superman's enemies were observing her. (That's what I always think when I see crystal eyes on household items. Good thing Lois didn't dismiss it as just another seeing-eye vase).

Ll29panel24.jpg

I see London, I see France.

I see Lois with my plants.

"I put two and two together!" continued Lois. "Whoever was monitoring me must also have Superman at his mercy! So I couldn't let the watchers see me give the red kryptonite to some Justice League of America heroes, who also knew what Plan 'L' was!" (Is there a reason Wonder Woman wasn't included in this Plan? A panel or two of Lois and Wondy making out would have probably sold twice as many copies. ---- This is the obligatory lesbian reference for those forumites who would complain about the lack of it otherwise).

Lois is still talking. "Therefore I hit on a scheme to avoid their suspicions! I broke open the lead capsule inside my purse and used my lipstick to pick up the grains of red kryptonite... like dipping a celery stick in salt!

Ll29panel25.jpg

"Thank God I practiced dipping all

those celery sticks or I'd never be

able to manage this tricky maneuver."

Having told Perry White I'd do a 'Heroes I've Kissed' article, I went about kissing as many heroes as I could, whispering my plan to each one as I hugged them..."

Ll29panel26.jpg

"Psst... more tongue..."

Because Batman knew the location of the Fortress of Solitude, he was assigned to fly the hankies to Superman. Lois gets her reward from Superman -- a big, fat, kiss! Like she hadn't had enough of that already!

Ll29panel27.jpg

"Oops, forgot to take notes

for the article. Okay, boys,

line up and let's do it all again!"

And there it is. The infamous Plan L, put into action with flawless accuracy. Superman's Cheating Girlfriend Lois Lane, aka The Irresistible Lois Lane and her man-bait dress will have to come up with a new plan the next time Superman is in dire peril from green kryptonite near the Fortress of Solitude, I guess. Let's just hope it doesn't happen soon.

So, what did you think? Do you feel compelled to own your own copy? Did you read it or just look at the pictures?

-- Joanna

Super job Joanna - I was just reading Lois Lane 59 yesterday and realized first hand how bad Lois can be - the undiscovered "Bad Girl" , like in the film noir genre of movies. She flirts overtly with other men, all in hopes of snaggin Superman because he one goal in life is to get him to love her as much as she loves him and tie him down in the Kryptonite bonds of matrimony! But she goes as far as to date Batman, kill off Lana Lang, to achieve her end. All the while Superman treats her like she's a nuiscance and laughs about her obsession with him, along with his superbuddies, behind her back. This comic series has some strange message in it. It just so crazy!!!!

Your review is so awesome. I need to go out and pick up LL29 now! tongue.gif

Fantastic! Sooo much detail - I feel like I just read the comic!

You and OldGuy should start a business writing and printing comic reviews.

Thanks, Ubi! When I started doing this with golden age books, the idea behind it was indeed to make you feel like you'd just read the comic. GA is expensive and used to be so difficult to find pre-ebay, that I wanted to share the books I'd managed to find with others who hadn't been as lucky. Granted, a silver age book like this isn't going to break the bank (unless you want NM, and good luck with that!), but it isn't a book most of the guys here own (pretty sure of that) and it is a personal favorite. I love Lois Lane, and when I go back to collecting, it's going to be one of the first series I re-buy.

-- Joanna

Super job Joanna - I was just reading Lois Lane 59 yesterday and realized first hand how bad Lois can be - the undiscovered "Bad Girl" , like in the film noir genre of movies. She flirts overtly with other men, all in hopes of snaggin Superman because her one goal in life is to get him to love her as much as she loves him and tie him down in the Kryptonite bonds of matrimony! But she goes as far as to date Batman, kill off Lana Lang, to achieve her end. All the while Superman treats her like she's a nuiscance and laughs about her obsession with him, along with his superbuddies, behind her back. This comic series has some strange message in it. It just so crazy!!!!

Yes! You've just summed up the series nicely. But there are other aspects that I loved as a little girl. Lois is smart, courageous, and is tops in her career. When you're talking the 60's, that was a cool message. I used to love how fearless she was when she was going after a story. And I loved how loyal she was to Superman when the chips were down. She has no superpowers but in many of her stories was quite heroic.

Your review is so awesome. I need to go out and pick up LL29 now! tongue.gif

Thanks, Darth! I saw a copy on ebay in 7.5 with a $5 starting bid. They're out there. No one thinks of the plan books as keys, and Lois only has one true key (LL 70, 1st SA catwoman). So most of the books are very reasonably priced, especially as readers.

-- Joanna

Well, Joanna. I have to say this was an amazing re-telling. I always enjoy your extra comments and there was a plethora of them here. Now I see a great follow-up story. Lois goes around kissing all the civilians she SUSPECTS are superheroes, and comparing liplock notes! blush.gif

Keep 'em coming!

(I'm not sure how her necklace exploded because the arrow was nowhere near it. For now, let's just assume it was booby-trapped.)

Booby trapped? ::groan:: grin.gif

This is the obligatory lesbian reference

I KNEW I was spot on with my raking! tongue.gif (the only emoticon that seemed to fit) blush.gif

Plan L

Hmmmm - it COULD stand for Lana I bet Supes had the same plan for both Lois and Lana, using whomever was available at the time! The cad!

Well, Joanna. I have to say this was an amazing re-telling. I always enjoy your extra comments and there was a plethora of them here. Now I see a great follow-up story. Lois goes around kissing all the civilians she SUSPECTS are superheroes, and comparing liplock notes! blush.gif

That would've been a good one! But perhaps Lois isn't too good at knowing the difference because I'm pretty certain she kissed Clark in a story or two and never did figure it out.

Keep 'em coming!

Going to be a little delay in that because I just heard that my book proposals were a hit and now they want a sample chapter for the second book, too (they were going to make do with one sample chapter before, but I guess they want to push them equally now). So back to work I go. I'll hear in July if I made the final cut. If I do, then they're going to make mock-ups of the books (with layouts, illustrations, etc) then shop them around to publishers. I'm still a long way from a contract, but publishing moves at a snail's pace.

(I'm not sure how her necklace exploded because the arrow was nowhere near it. For now, let's just assume it was booby-trapped.)

Booby trapped? ::groan:: grin.gif

Yes! You got it! I was afraid that was too subtle.

This is the obligatory lesbian reference

I KNEW I was spot on with my raking! tongue.gif (the only emoticon that seemed to fit) blush.gif

Well, when you're reviewing a GA Wonder Woman book, it's nearly impossible to skip the lesbian references. It's much more difficult to find one in a very het story about Lois kissing a lot of men. Yet I feel it's my duty to do so, if only to please Darth.

Plan L

Hmmmm - it COULD stand for Lana I bet Supes had the same plan for both Lois and Lana, using whomever was available at the time! The cad!

No, no, no -- Lana didn't have the red K crystals needed to cure Superman if he was ever trapped by dancing aliens using green kryptonite near the Fortress of Solitude! Personally, I need to find the Plan J and Plan P books in order to feel complete.

Thanks for reading, Pov! It is most appreciated.

-- Joanna

Wow...

That was amazing... just amazing...

Now I have to go through my stock and see if I have a copy... although I know it won't be the same reading it without the fabulous play-by-play...

According to my inventory I have 81 LL's in stock, the earliest being #3... Here's hoping there's a 29 in there somewhere...

Lana didn't have the red K crystals needed to cure Superman if he was ever trapped by dancing aliens using green kryptonite near the Fortress of Solitude!

So LANA says! The gossip mill has it Lana used to be blonde but suddenly became a redhead! wink.gif

Hey! Great news on the progress of your book proposals! Best of luck or break a leg!

Wow...

That was amazing... just amazing...

Now I have to go through my stock and see if I have a copy... although I know it won't be the same reading it without the fabulous play-by-play...

Ooh, I hope you find one! And if you can find a stash, print out the thread and give it out to your customers, then charge 5x guide. We need to make the plan books into keys, I tellya!

According to my inventory I have 81 LL's in stock, the earliest being #3... Here's hoping there's a 29 in there somewhere...

A #3 -- cool!!! I would've been begging you for books in the old days. I really wanted to finish my run of LL. I'd gotten pretty far, but now I'm just raking through them, selling them right and left. But not my 29. Nope. Off-limits.

-- Joanna