• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of Detective Comics...

10 posts in this topic

Yep, they are beauties, alright! I'm beginning to think they should have been kept together as a collection on display in a museum or something. I'd be willing to pay a small admission fee to see them if that had happened.

Yep, they are beauties, alright! I'm beginning to think they should have been kept together as a collection on display in a museum or something. I'd be willing to pay a small admission fee to see them if that had happened.

If it costs me $7 to get into a con in NYC, I would pay $7 to see all the church books together. . . . wow, would that be something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAM

If it costs me $7 to get into a con in NYC, I would pay $7 to see all the church books together. . . . wow, would that be something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAM

$7 to get into a con in NYC? Sheesh - it's $15 for one day at WonderCon in SF... And I think it was $12 for three days at BayCon 1 in 1975...!

**Better idea: Maybe we should just each mortgage the requisite personal property and take turns owning that Detective 114 smile.gif I think I'd be satisfied with simply gazing at it for a month... though when my month's up, I can't guarantee it'll get to your house on time!

Wondercon's a big deal compared to those dinky monthly NY shows. Ive heard its sometimes just a dozen or so dealers (who matter anyway)...so dont be jealous!

Come on! NYC has some pretty good shows. "The National" is a pretty good show. Has a good 30 or 40 dealers. The one coming up this weekend looks to be good also (Sci-Fi and Fantasy show). They may not be as good as the old Fred Greenberg shows at the Javits Center but still respectable.

By the way. Anyone know the whole story about why the Greenberg shows stopped? I heard it had something to do with the Javits Center pulling the venue from Fred the night before. He had about 100 delalers who flew in or drove in with all their inventory and he had to give them the "bad news" that there was not going to be a show. Whoopsies. makepoint.gifinsane.gif893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gif

I dont know if this is true. But it sounds like a mess. Anyway, those shows stopped long ago but they were great shows.