• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase New England saturating the market?!?

7 posts in this topic

Well, Dan is at it again. eBay's premier seller has put up over 370 high grade CGC books. Will they go for well over market value (as his auctions tend to), or will they actually pass without much of a whimper? This is an interesting selling strategy with several of the big summer conventions just ahead.

Thoughts?

As long as he's not selling in dupes, I don't think he's saturating it all that badly. There's going to be different buyers for each of those books he listed, for the most part...And he's listing a run of varying grades, if he listed like a NM run of ASM 60-90 then that would probably be bad tongue.gif

Brian

Well, Dan is at it again. eBay's premier seller has put up over 370 high grade CGC books. Will they go for well over market value (as his auctions tend to), or will they actually pass without much of a whimper? This is an interesting selling strategy with several of the big summer conventions just ahead.

Thoughts?

I just bought a large run of silver age 9.4 cgc'd X-men at very reasonable prices. In a lot of his auctions, I think the ending prices are more indicative of market price as opposed to some dealers who usually charge 5 times guide for cgc'd 9.4's - at least when it comes to X-men.

Tom

I find that the last post was quite amusing about jgreen...Anyways, I believe Showcase New England has a very unique sellling strategy that not everyone can copy. I mean, they must have millions of dollars of worth of comics stored somewhere to sell like entire runs. As for the X-Men comics, they are the best that I've seen in a long time in that quantity (especially earlier issues). The price is a bit inflated since competition drives the price up since promotion is widespread and news travel fast with the sale of such a great quantity of comics. However, I've bought a few CGC comics from them, and they are quality sellers from my experience because they deliver. Some of these eBay jokers (sad but true) do NOT deliver and cause buyers headaches. I guess you pay for quality...

well, Showcase is a real dealer with a real business. Not a lone seller soemwhere. Dan has been in business for many years. Course its faint praise to laud a seller just for delivering teh advertised product after being paid!! ---but I know what you mean.