• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

got some auctions going + store discount

7 posts in this topic

http://stores.ebay.com/Lorilahnd_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Some SA and BA odds and ends. I think the starting bids are pretty darn reasonable.

My new free s/h deal is win an auction and buy 4 store items (of any price), and S/H is free.

For forumites I will toss in some freebies for anyone who qualifies for free shipping. I have a nice stack of BA readers I would love to give out to people if that's the sort of thing you might like.

And here it gets a little complicated....I'd like to clear out some of my cheapest store items, the stuff that's $2.50 and under. While I won't include the following discount for those in the calculation for free shipping because I'll be losing money....all of those are 50% off if you buy them from me OFF ebay. So, the $2 books will be $1, etc. Just let me know OFF ebay because I really don't want to pay a 10% FVF on a book I'm ultimately selling for $1 or whatever.

Win an auction, buy 4 store items, save the $3 S/H charge.

+

Anything $2.50 and under is 50% off (if done off ebay via PM to me).

If you just want to buy the 50% off books, S/H is $3.00 unlimited items, free after $50 total

the auction items are what they are

everything else is 25% off

other than $2.50 or less store items, which are 50% off, but in terms of the free s/h aspect for buying 4 store items + the auction win, it wouldn't apply to the first four of these cheapies because, well, I'd be getting killed if you bought 4 $1 books, for example

yeah, i made this too friggin' complicated

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm, only 4 out of 10 auctions got bids. bummer. but 2 of them resulted in the auction winners buying 8 more items out of my store, so definetely not a total loss! i guess the revised free s/h deal appeals to some people. For their trouble they'll get free priority rather than free media!

the funny thing is that one of the auctions wound up getting bid up past the price the item had been sitting in my store at for several months.

hmmm, only 4 out of 10 auctions got bids. bummer. but 2 of them resulted in the auction winners buying 8 more items out of my store, so definetely not a total loss! i guess the revised free s/h deal appeals to some people. For their trouble they'll get free priority rather than free media!

the funny thing is that one of the auctions wound up getting bid up past the price the item had been sitting in my store at for several months.

I once "won" an auction of Dr Banners for triple what he had it listed in his store. foreheadslap.gif

this was only a few bucks, not an extraordinary # or anything like that, pretty sure somewhat under guide. but i find it interesting. mid/low grade VG copy of ASM 63 with the tough black cover. the front actually looked pretty good, problems with the back though. i sold a nice big chunk out of my inexpensive (under $15) ASMs this weekend via store shopping. comon or not, people collect ASMs in virtually all grades although i guess the more expensive stuff in the #20s - #50s in mid-grade can be tougher to move at $25-$80 or whatever.