Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another question about autographs

4 posts in this topic

How are points determined for autographs?

Shouldn't it be based on the rarity of a signature?

You can't tell me that having an X-Men #137 signed by Terry Austin is the same as an X-Men #137 signed by Austin, Byrne, and Claremont. There should be some basis for rarity.

Also, It seems like SS books get only 5% more points than blue label books with the same grade. Why is that?

You can't tell me that having an X-Men #137 signed by Terry Austin is the same as an X-Men #137 signed by Austin, Byrne, and Claremont. There should be some basis for rarity.

But who decides the basis or point level for rarity.

what if that artist who hardly signs books suddenly decides to sign everyday!

Does that make Value of Older books lose points?

Or the artist who did lots of Sigs decides not to sign anymore!

Will sets with his autograph which had no value be worth more?

I say numbers should count for more

Also, It seems like SS books get only 5% more points than blue label books with the same grade. Why is that?

Its like ive said before, and others have said the same, why should SS books get a freaking point boost anyway? If Pedigreed copies of books are not treated any more special than a regular non-ped blue label, why should SS be any different?

The points you make are good ones Alex in that double/triple sigs should be worth more points. But who makes that determination?

Also, couldnt some hack who didnt even work on a book or did like the lettering on the last page of a page that has no words on it get SS'd?

Slippery slope that was started when they gave SS books a point bump. What about double/triple covers? Are they not deserving of bons points? Either no bumps across the board regardless of what type of label it is, or dont play favs with the SS books but ignore Pedigrees.