• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many times guide should Silver Age CGC be?

3 posts in this topic

I am having difficulty finding NM books at guide prices. Do you think the following valuation seems right?

CGC 9.4 Key Issue 5x guide

CGC 9.4 Non-Key Issue (pre-1966) 3x guide

CGC 9.4 Non-Key Issue (post-1966) 2x guide

CGC 6 or less Non-Key Issue 0% - 75% guide

Ok, now I know every issue is a little different here but I am just trying to get a feel of how much I should be paying for issues I want.

Your non-keys are a bit off in my experience.. but I only buy CGC ASM, and Cap so any S.A. ASM's might be considered "key". However, I'd say 4x guide for a 9.4 post-66 is about avg barring it's not hard to find or has a first app of a nobody.

Brian

Your best bet is to do recent searches on completed auctions at Heritage and eBay. Also consult data collection services like those from GP collectables and our own thecomicsheet.

Tracking actual sales data is the only real way to get a feel for CGC prices. Using a grade multiplier is just not reliable as the market is so volatile.