• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Creased ASM #29.... Qualified grade?

11 posts in this topic

Deepest colour inks i've seen in way too long. A gorgeous copy to hold.

So i know this is a 5.0 due to the sub crease. But what would you give it with a Q? hi.gif

asm29fcsx5.jpg

asm29bcdm7.jpg

I can't see giving a qualified grade for a sub-crease, especially one that breaks color. Combined with the damage at the top left, and the crease at the bottom left, I'd have to call this a 4.0 at best.

I can't see giving a qualified grade for a sub-crease, especially one that breaks color. Combined with the damage at the top left, and the crease at the bottom left, I'd have to call this a 4.0 at best.

I agree, no way a sub-crease gets a Q grade. sumo.gif That being said, I don't adhere to the "automatic 4.5" for a book with a sub-crease, as I've seen many otherwise 8.0-9.0 books with sub-creases. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. I do feel that 4.0 is a tad harsh though given some of the book's positive qualities . . .

4.5 / 5.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The "Q" is a joke. The official grade-nazi grade is about a 4.5-5.0. I was just wondering what ya'll thought it would grade out to be if it didn't have the sub-crease. I know nobody would ever actually give this book a Qualified grade.

Without the crease it still looks like it has a serious impact dent to the lower spine, wear to the top corner. Overhang is not bad and spine seems OK on FC, BC is another story but agin not bad. Stain on BC and it looks like some gloss and very little color loss. 6.0 seems reachable.

Still a nice copy. Hated those subscription creases as a kid and still do. Book was ruined before it left the printer.

I was actually talking to schirs about it and i'm really rather fond of the crease. In my opinion, it's still a beautiful book, and i'm not a real high grade-stickler. The deep colour inks and sharp edges and corners are enough to make it a worthwhile book for me to own. smile.gif

Hated those subscription creases as a kid and still do. Book was ruined before it left the printer.

Well, actually no, the printer didn't mail 'em . . . grin.gif

And your point is?