• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9/11 Graphic Novel

54 posts in this topic

Anyone read USA Today and see the article about the 9/11 Graphic Novel? Sid Jacobsen and Ernie Colon created it. 9/11 Report: a Graphic Adaptation. It's an adaptation of the 9/11 Commission report.

I think it is a cool idea, and great way to use the medium.

Anyone see the "loose change" video on 9/11, very very interesting.

foreheadslap.gif

Please do a minimal amount of research (even via Google) before bringing that "movie" into a discussion that is going to have any basis in reality.

Sorry OG did not mean to offend anyone. I'll do some homework on it but can you throw me a bone?

I'm not offended. It's just that the inaccuracies in that movie are to numerous to count. I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but this isn't even a good conspiracy, it's just a farce.

As a general rule conspiracy theories should be less complicated and convoluted than the "official" story, and after-the-fact cover-ups are more likely the result of an effort to deflect blame for incompetence and complacency than to hide more nefarious motives. Exploiting tragedy is not the same thing as engineering it.

Most of the conspiracy theories surrounding 9-11 would be far fetched for a John Grisham novel let alone the real world.

Sorry OG did not mean to offend anyone. I'll do some homework on it but can you throw me a bone?

I'm not offended. It's just that the inaccuracies in that movie are to numerous to count. I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but this isn't even a good conspiracy, it's just a farce.

I'm no fan of Loose Change but it's worth mentioning that the official 9/11 Commission Report is not without its own inaccuracies.

foreheadslap.gif

Please do a minimal amount of research (even via Google) before bringing that "movie" into a discussion that is going to have any basis in reality.

It's quite frightening how inexpensive editing software and the Internet can legitimize almost any crackpot with an axe to frind.

Anyone read USA Today and see the article about the 9/11 Graphic Novel? Sid Jacobsen and Ernie Colon created it. 9/11 Report: a Graphic Adaptation. It's an adaptation of the 9/11 Commission report.

I think it is a cool idea, and great way to use the medium.

I saw that today too. It looks cool and I plan to get a copy.

foreheadslap.gif

It's quite frightening how inexpensive editing software and the Internet can legitimize almost any crackpot with an axe to frind.

Forget the inexpensive editing software. All it takes is a message board. 27_laughing.gif

Not supporting the loosechange take but when it was happened I thought the Pentagon hit to be odd, no wreakage, no footage and I expected to see more damage from such a large plane. Two of the world's tallest towers falling straight down also seemed odd. confused-smiley-013.gif

There are plenty of questions to which many people would like answers SS; I too found it more than a little strange that both towers (and building 7) collapsed at virtual freefall speed into their own footprint. Continue reading around the subject thumbsup2.gif

Not supporting the loosechange take but when it was happened I thought the Pentagon hit to be odd, no wreakage, no footage and I expected to see more damage from such a large plane. Two of the world's tallest towers falling straight down also seemed odd. confused-smiley-013.gif

No wreakage? Not enough dammage?

http://www.pubs.asce.org/ceonline/ceonline03/0203feat.html

http://www.purdue.edu/UNS/html4ever/020910.Sozen.Pentagon.html

yeahok.gif

Well we could go back and forth on various points, like the peculair exit hole on the other side of the building, lack of fuselage, wing debris and casulaties at the site, mixed eye witness reports. Probably explainations for a lot of this stuff but some of it sure looks odd to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

For me, the big problem I have regarding the Pentagon hit has nothing to do with the alleged lack of identifiable wreckage showing that a 757 actually hit the Pentagon and everything to do with the Governments suppressing of available evidence. Videos of the Pentagon attack were taken by security cameras at the Sheraton Hotel and a nearby gas station, both of which had a clear sight-line to the side of the Pentagon that was hit. The FBI confiscated these within minutes of the attack. Why doesn't the government release these videos?

I also find it strangely coincidental that the alleged terrorists decided to target the Pentagons west wing (Rumsfeld and all the top brass, whom terrorists must surely have wanted to kill, were in the east wing, about as far removed from the west wing as possible). This perceptible coincidence is compounded by the fact the west wing was in the process of being renovated (read reinforced) when it was struck; a strike anywhere else might have killed thousands of people rather than the 125 that were lost that day.