• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlas Comics Suggestions?

5 posts in this topic

I just read Planet Of Vampires with Neal Adams artwork and they were pretty neat. Being a Marvel reader, I don't know much about Atlas titles. Any other good reads/artwork? Any that have collectible/investment potential?

Thanks,

Mitch

They've started to pop in price as people are realizing they're not awful and are hard to find. For investment purposes, look for high grade copies of the last issue of each issue, as they have legendary stories about distribution. Also, Gothic Romance nn, a magazine with an Adams cover, is an excellent book to get if you can find it for under $100.

I would agree that for investment purposes, the last issues of each title would be the way to go. Distribution was very poor on these titles. Sadly, the last issues are also among the very worst of the entire line. By that time, Larry Leiber was under orders to Marvelize the entire line. Compare the last issue of the Scorpion with issues 1 and 2 and the last issue of Phoenix with the 1st 3 issues. Check out The Atlas Seaboard Comics Society for a wealth of info on Atlas/Seaboard.

Phil