• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The worst case of Feedback Received VS FB Given!

22 posts in this topic

Are you complaining that he does not leave that many positive feedback? confused.gif Mmmm, I didn't know that you could check on the feedback that another user has given! shocked.gif

It shows what kind of seller they are. Ask bonds25, he thinks the same way I do. If a dealer doesn't think a customer's feedback is important, then he doesn't deserve my business.

Holy ...I always mention which comic I bought in my feedback. I just browsed through my own feedback, and it's effectively a list of 90% of the comics I've ever bought on ebay. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Pretty interesting. His first feedback he ever left was on October 6, 2001, and except for a couple of negatives he left, his next feedback he left was on September 9, 2002. I guess he finally decided to leave feedback for his buyers. Too bad it took him a year to figure it out!

Hmmm... I was looking at the FB given by fantastic-four (since he mentioned it earlier in this thread) and I saw something curious. I could see the feedbacks he's given to people who have private feedback! (Maybe because he gave the FB before the person made their FB private?)

In fact, I found this one!

comic-keys (private) Dec-09-00 10:57:50 PST (private)

Praise: A decent comic from a great seller!

That's one for Meth!

Yea, I mentioned in another thread I had bought an X-Men 7 for $275 in about VF/VF+ shape from Meth. That was in December 2000. His feedback didn't become private until sometime in mid-2001.

About six months after I bought the comic and left the feedback, a well-known national dealer gave me a really stern warning about comic-keys; this was in May 2001. I continued to ask other dealers and collectors for over a year after that. It wasn't until after I had researched comic-keys for over a year that I went public in these forums with a part--only the circumstantial part--of what I had found; I started talking about it in July 2002 in the thread "Ebay related stuff".

You can really see the weakness in EBay's feedback system based upon the scenario I just described above. By the time I got any indication that there could be a problem with the comic I bought, it was too late to do anything through E-Bay about it. And were I not a really chatty person via e-mail and in these forums, I'd still have no clue.