• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2022 at 7:55 AM, Straw-Man said:

my favorite comic.

On 7/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's a very, very solid choice for best book of the Silver Age.

I thought I saw or read in an interview Stan Lee say it was his favorite Spider-Man cover, or maybe issue. Almost positive he said that.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:34 PM, Professor K said:

I thought I saw or read in an interview Stan Lee say it was his favorite Spider-Man cover, or maybe issue. Almost positive he said that.

I highly doubt this considering that Steve Ditko had way more plot/story input in this three issue run than any previous collaboration with Stan.  I've always believed this arc is what triggered Steve's decision to leave 5 issues later.  Nevertheless, ASM 33 is definitely one of the top 5 Spidey issues (and covers) of all time.

• Administrator
On 8/19/2022 at 6:36 PM, Dave2739 said:

Am I the only one that is bothered that this thread is titled "Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!" instead of the correct spelling "Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!"? Least we can do is get Spider-Man's name right in a thread about collecting Spider-Man.

@CGC Mike ?

Fixed!