• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,434 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2022 at 7:27 PM, alexgross.com said:

thanks to @SpideyFein for this amazing asm3 8.5 with the very tough to get white pages! this is not the best pic, i shot it with my phone, but you get the idea. it's perfectly centered which matters to me too. 

asm3-8.5WP-front-pic.jpg

Wow, that's an AMAZING copy!!! Just SPECTACULAR!!!  :applause:

Found a beautiful ASM 3 (this is the book I have been hunting for a while).  It’s a 3.5, but has CR/OW pages.  The price seems really nice and it displays beautifully.  What do you guys think?  Should I pull the trigger?

CDE6107D-C36C-4BC0-A4BE-93E6E96DB989.png

Edited by Venomous72

On 9/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, Venomous72 said:

Found a beautiful ASM 3 (this is the book I have been hunting for a while).  It’s a 3.5, but has CR/OW pages.  The price seems really nice and it displays beautifully.  What do you guys think?  Should I pull the trigger?

I would grab it if you love the book and you like the price.

At first glance this seems like a very nice 3.5 -- it presents very well.  The grader's notes are also very consistent with a low-grade copy that looks great from the front cover:

fingerprints back cover
multiple crease full bottom of front cover breaks color
split top of spine
tanning interior cover
wear full top of back cover
wear spine breaks color

At this grade, I think eye appeal is waaay more important than page quality and this looks like about as nice a 3.5 as you're likely to find.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, Venomous72 said:

Get it before someone else does.  Nice label too!