• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,434 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2022 at 7:35 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Congrats!  Which issue was the last to fall?

#2. I don't want to count my chickens--or in this case, vultures--before they hatch, since it hasn't physically arrived yet, but it's a reputable seller I've done plenty business with. I'm just holding off on popping the champagne until it's literally in my short boxes.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:11 AM, flashlites said:

Hello Spider-Man Fans! I am reaching out to you for some help in finding a reprint (something affordable) of this issue of SM #50. I am looking for a reprint/facsimile that includes the letters to the editor. Do any of you know of such an edition? Does the Marvel Tales #190 include the letters, or is it just a reprint of the story? Any help, info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The only reprint I know of that includes the letter pages is in the second ASM omnibus volume. Unfortunately, there are no exact facsimiles of this issue. If you don’t mind saying, what is it in the letters that you’re interested in?

On 12/16/2022 at 8:37 AM, flashlites said:

Thanks John - My father in law's childhood friend was a Spidey fan. During the Vietnam war the the Spidey fan signed up and or got drafted I'm not sure about that detail while my father in law stayed home and went to college. We found out last year that one of his last letters home was to Stan and got printed in this issue. He did not make it home from the war K.I.A. I wanted to see if I could get a copy even a facsimile edition for him for Christmas.

Not sure what your budget is, but there are multiple copies available on eBay for $600 or less, including a 0.5 blue label for $325 and a 4.5 qualified for $475.  That's just from a quick look on eBay, and I imagine there will be even better deals to be had if you just search around for low-grade raw copies.  I would suggest you put up a WTB thread and see if there are boardies who can help you out! 

On 12/20/2022 at 1:06 PM, fishbone said:

He must've updated it, because apparently I already have this listing saved. I think previously it only went up to issue 800 or so.

He's a local (to me), good dude whom I've bought from a few times.

On 12/20/2022 at 2:41 PM, Yale Stewart said:

He must've updated it, because apparently I already have this listing saved. I think previously it only went up to issue 800 or so.

He's a local (to me), good dude whom I've bought from a few times.

very interesting -you don't see the whole run like this very often for sale, and this one is unique in that it's ALL graded and a very solid overall grade to the lower-numbered stuff ....

But I'm sure someone could negotiate with him that price ..... :goodvsevil: