• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2022 at 2:35 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I *might* have grabbed the last issue I need to complete my 1-500 run, and let me tell you, I am excited.

Good luck to you. I completed my run  of 1-441  and AF15 years back. Just doing a few upgrades now and then.

On 1/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Stupid question: I’m out of my element here. Was there ever a time, in the evolution of Spider-man where his alter ego went by the name Peter Palmer rather than Peter Parker?

serious question, and no, I’m not currently holding a crack pipe

Even better, he's called "Superman" in issue #3 I think. Not sure they were to tight on editing back then.  9_9

Found an article about it on Screenrant:

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-superman-marvel-comics-error/

You can't make this stuff up. That was an error but odd stuff in books is just fascinating and timrless.  Google why Al Milgrom was let go at Marvel, that's a good one. And I'm a huge fan of his, even have a commission of his on my wall. 

Power Girl's history is another one. Sorry, off topic...

GO SPIDEY! :yeehaw:

On 1/13/2023 at 1:53 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

Congrats to all those that own any issues 1-10 what a great series!!! I should have listened to my instincts years ago I got them then. I had #1 and #10 for a while then sold them. Figured I could do the series at a later date for around the same cost....I was wrong.

Wow, there's a past version of you that didn't think prices were going to go up?